The concerns of day-to-day life and living up to societal pressure can cause a lot of stress for men. A men’s rehab center is the perfect place to talk about the problems men face without women in the room, which can cause distractions and prevent open and honest communication. A men’s rehab program is more effective for men when the cause of their symptoms is related to their relationships with women at home and in the workplace.
At Arkview Recovery, we support men near Windsor Park struggling with addiction or other mental health disorders. We know how difficult it can be for men to open up around women and offer a men’s-only treatment experience led by male therapists and support staff. To discover all the benefits of our men’s rehab center, call 717.744.0756 or send us a message through our contact form, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
What Is Men’s Rehab?
How men drink or abuse drugs can be different from women and will impact how quickly they can form an addiction or dependence. Men who participate in binge drinking three or more times each week will become addicted much faster than someone who drinks a minimal amount. Addiction or dependence is a possible result of this behavior.
A Men’s rehab program gives men a safe space free from the distractions of women to focus on their recovery and the issues that are important to them. Men can find it hard to open up around women, especially if their symptoms arise from their relationships with women or domestic abuse.
At Arkview Recovery, our men’s rehab is very beneficial for men who have tried co-ed therapy to treat their symptoms but had issues with co-ed experiences. For example, men may feel societal pressure to appear strong or have interpersonal and gendered expectations. Men will participate in private and group therapy with other men, where they can talk openly without fear of judgment or appearing weak in front of women.
The Benefits of Finding a Men’s Rehab Center
A men’s rehab program is essential for men whose symptoms disrupt their lives. It gives men a chance to learn how to open up about their feelings and properly communicate them.
Benefits of finding a men’s rehab center include:
- A safe and discreet space to focus on their recovery in an understanding and supportive environment
- Male therapists will work with men in private therapy to discuss the issues causing stress. They teach them how to change their thoughts to more positive ways of thinking and see themselves and the world around them in a better light.
- During group therapy, men will practice coping skills with their peers while developing better communication skills and learning that it is OK to talk about their feelings. The therapist will monitor their interactions and note any troubling behavior that needs addressing.
- Medication can reduce symptoms of severe withdrawal or depression symptoms and allow patients to focus on their recovery. Medical staff will administer medications and monitor them for any adverse reactions.
- Men will have an opportunity to bond with the other men in the program and develop healthy relationships that will support their recovery long after treatment ends.
Men’s rehab benefits men who struggle to talk about their feelings and feel they cannot be themselves around women.
Arkview Recovery Offers a Comprehensive Men’s Rehab Program near Windsor Park
At Arkview Recovery, our men’s rehab center offers discreet therapy for men who are struggling with addiction, depression, or other mental health disorders. Our treatment programs are designed around your symptoms and can include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Group and individual therapy
- Family therapy
If you are struggling with addiction and want a men’s-only rehab program, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our friendly staff about enrolling in our rehab facility near Windsor Park, PA.