A detox program for drugs gives people a safe way to get through drug withdrawal with minimal risk of relapse and overdose. Drug addiction is a serious mental health issue that affects over 40 million teens and adults across the country. Those who choose to quit alone may experience painful withdrawal symptoms and cravings, making it nearly impossible to resist continuing drug use. A detox program is the safest way for men and women to get through withdrawals and continue their recovery.
At Arkview Recovery, we support those near Mechanicsburg who struggle with addiction and need help getting started on their recovery. We offer a detox program for alcohol and drug addiction and residential and outpatient treatment programs. Our spacious facility is the perfect space to recover and bond with your peers while participating in various therapy programs. For more information about our detox program, contact our team today by calling 717.744.0756 or filling out our contact form.
Why Do You Need a Detox Program for Drugs?
A detox program for drugs is the safest method to get through the painful and sometimes deadly withdrawal symptoms of drug or alcohol addiction. For example, severe alcohol withdrawal includes delirium tremens, a dangerous condition that can lead to cardiovascular collapse. Fortunately, several types of medication can reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings for drug or alcohol addiction.
Some of the more common withdrawal symptoms of drug addiction include:
- Muscle aches and pains
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Insomnia or hyposomnia
At Arkview Recovery, our detox program treats all types of addiction to alcohol, opioids, or other harmful substances. Our team will run a full assessment of your health when you first arrive to place you in the appropriate program based on your symptoms and their severity.
What to Expect from a Detox Program
Enrolling in a detox program is the smart choice for starting your new sober life. You will have a dedicated team by your side throughout detox and your recovery journey. Here is what you can expect after enrolling in a detox program:
- An experienced team of behavioral therapists and medical staff will evaluate your physical and mental health and the severity of the addiction to form an effective treatment program for every step of the recovery process.
- Medical staff will administer medication to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings so you can focus on your recovery. They will monitor your reactions to the medication and adjust the dosage to find the right combination for maximum benefits with minimal side effects.
- You will participate in individual and group therapy with a certified therapist with experience treating addiction. They will help you uncover any underlying issues that led to the addiction and develop healthy coping skills to manage your symptoms.
- You will also have an opportunity to bond with your peers and develop a strong support system and healthy friendships.
Full detox typically can take anywhere from 10-15 days, depending on the length of abuse and type of substance. Therapists will monitor your progress throughout detox and recommend the next stage of recovery when you are ready.
For a Detox Program for Alcohol and Drugs in Mechanicsburg, PA, Choose Arkview Recovery
At Arkview Recovery, we help people in Mechanicsburg and surrounding areas struggling with addiction and who are ready for a positive change. You will participate in behavioral and holistic therapies that help you find your motivation to lead a healthy and sober life. We offer a full range of addiction treatment programs, including:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Separate men’s and women’s rehab programs
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, call 717.744.0756 or fill out our online form today to discover the benefits of our drug and alcohol detox program.