In the past, doctors and therapists didn’t recognize the connection between addiction and mental health. Addiction was seen more as a social or environmental disease rather than a mental health disorder. Fortunately, that is no longer the case. A dual diagnosis treatment program can help you with your addiction that stems from a mental health disorder. A Pennsylvania mental health treatment center specializing in dual diagnosis treatment will have a higher success rate with their patient’s life-long recovery with fewer chances of relapse.
At Arkview Recovery, our dual diagnosis treatment center in PA specializes in addiction and mental health issues related to your addiction. We can help you break free from the physical side of addiction and help you discover the reasons behind your addiction to better cope with those feelings. If you or a loved one struggles with addiction relating to mental health or other issues, call 717.744.0756 or complete our online form today to learn more about our addiction treatment programs.
What Is Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Dual diagnosis, or co-occurring disorder treatment, is when a patient’s addiction is related to a mental health issue like depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder. Drugs and alcohol are used to escape these disorders. People can quickly form a powerful addiction due to the euphoric feelings and break from their mental or emotional pain that many feel they cannot get without their substance of choice.
Effectively treating addiction is problematic because it hides the mental health issues that are responsible for the addiction. Treatment centers that only focus on the physical side of addiction and not the mental aspect will leave their patients vulnerable to potential relapses with higher chances of overdosing.
Some of the types of mental health issues that a dual diagnosis program can treat include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Benefits of Enrolling in Our Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
By enrolling in our dual diagnosis or co-occurring treatment program, you are giving yourself a better chance at long-lasting recovery and forming healthy coping skills to help you handle your mental health issues without drugs or alcohol. A dual diagnosis treatment program will help you:
- Identify – The first hurdle is recognizing what your addiction is covering up and facing these issues head-on. For example, some patients use drugs or alcohol due to a recent loss or tragedy that is too painful to deal with alone.
- Process – Once you have identified the root causes of your addiction, you can learn how to deal with the emotions and feelings that are overwhelming you. Depression or fear of failure can make even the simplest tasks seem impossible. Once you understand why you feel that way, you can begin to work through your feelings and see that you can get through it without your substance of choice.
- Adapt – Change is necessary to grow and succeed in life. Through our dual diagnosis treatment program, you will learn to change your thought processes and choose healthy and positive coping mechanisms to deal with your emotional stress or trauma.
Therapy Options at Arkview Recovery
Our dual diagnosis treatment center in Pennsylvania can help you with your addiction relating to mental health issues or past or current traumatic events. Our goal of long-lasting recovery is achieved through various therapy programs such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Individual and group therapy
- Family therapy
Choose Arkview Recovery as Your Pennsylvania Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
At Arkview Recovery, our team is ready to provide the support people may need to deal with addiction, mental health disorders, or both. If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction relating to a mental health issue, call 717.744.0756 or complete our online form today to learn more about our dual diagnosis treatment center in Pennsylvania.