A heroin rehab program can help you get over your heroin addiction and open your eyes to the damage your actions have caused your loved ones. Finding a substance abuse treatment program is crucial if you want to regain control of your life from heroin addiction and reverse some of the damage you have done to your body.
At Arkview Recovery, we understand how devastating heroin addiction can be, and our heroin rehab program is ready to help you break free from your addiction. Our treatment options include behavioral therapy and substance abuse treatment for a holistic, whole-person approach to your addiction recovery. If you or a loved one is struggling with heroin addiction, call 717.744.0756 or complete our online form today to learn more about our substance abuse treatment programs in Pennsylvania at our heroin rehab center.
Why Is Heroin Addictive?
When you ingest heroin, you are flooding your body with chemicals that replace the natural dopamine release responsible for feelings of happiness, motor control, and spatial recognition. Your body stops producing these chemicals naturally when you abuse heroin. When you stop, it will take several weeks or months to begin normal dopamine production, depending on how long your heroin use lasts.
With such an intense high, your body begins to crave that level of euphoria. It will create powerful withdrawal symptoms until you give in to your cravings, which you cannot produce without heroin or other substances.
Heroin addiction withdrawal symptoms include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Collapsed veins
- Increased risk of heart disease
- Skin sores
- Brain damage
Finding Heroin Rehab Centers in Pennsylvania
Addiction is challenging to treat because it is a disease that has physical and psychological effects. Many treatment centers will only focus on the physical aspect of addiction and not the mental side, leaving patients vulnerable to relapse. Your best chance at lifelong recovery is through a heroin addiction rehab program that focuses on all aspects of your addiction. So, the best way to choose a heroin rehab center in Pennsylvania is to consider the range of therapy options they provide.
At Arkview Recovery, we provide many therapy options, including:
- Dual diagnosis treatment – Treat the mental health issue and the addiction simultaneously.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This type of treatment helps you recognize the reasons behind your addiction and help you overcome them.
- Dialectical behavior therapy – You can work on recognizing harmful behavior and changing your thinking patterns.
- Individual therapy – You’ll talk one-on-one with your therapist to discuss your feelings and emotions about your addiction and other issues
- Group therapy – You can listen to your peers share their stories of struggle, which will help give you a better perspective on your addiction.
- Family therapy – Family is essential in your recovery, and they will be a part of your treatment, so they have a better understanding of addiction and how it affects everyone.
Benefits of Enrolling at Arkview Recovery
Just some of the benefits you will feel when you allow Arkview Recovery to help with your recovery include:
- A safe place away from the stress and triggers that drive your addiction
- Learn how addiction affects your life and those around you
- A strong bond with your peers will help keep you on the right track
- Better self-esteem and self-confidence
- Healthy coping skills to help with future cravings and triggers
- Continued support once you return to your home and work-life
Choose Arkview Recovery for Heroin Addiction Treatment in Pennsylvania
Heroin addiction does not have to ruin your life. If you seek help from Arkview Recovery, you can begin healing and recovering from your heroin addiction. Our goal is your long-term recovery, and we will help you get there through our various physical and mental health treatment programs. When you or a loved one are ready to beat addiction and regain control of your life back, call 717.744.0756 or complete our online form today to learn more about our heroin addiction treatment center.