Depression continues to affect a large percentage of the population in Pennsylvania and the United States. Research shows that depression rates tripled during 2020 due to the COVID pandemic, and mental health providers are warning depression rates are still extremely high. Many people will wonder who to go to for depression. A depression treatment center can help men and women struggling with depression receive the support they need before their symptoms worsen and lead to a substance use disorder.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we provide mental health services in PA for men and women struggling with depression or a number of other mental health disorders. We take the time to get to know you and your unique symptoms so we can develop the right treatment plan to help with your symptoms. If you or a loved one is struggling with depression and you are wondering who to go to for depression, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our caring staff about our depression treatment near Harrisburg, PA.
Who to Go to for Depression?
Many people have a negative and discriminatory attitude toward depression and other mental health disorders even to this day. This attitude causes many to hide their illness and suffer in silence when help is readily available. The stigma of depression itself can cause worsening symptoms like lowering self-esteem and reducing the likelihood of not seeking treatment.
Who to go to for depression? If you are feeling depressed, you can turn to anyone you trust, such as:
- A close friend or family member who shows concern for your wellbeing.
- Students can turn to a school counselor or teacher they trust to talk about their feelings and what to do.
- Local community centers and churches can offer free support and find a depression treatment center to get you the help you need.
- A psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in mental health disorders. They can help determine the type of depression and offer medication or behavioral therapy to reduce your symptoms.
At Arkview Recovery, our depression treatment center offers mental health services in PA for men and women struggling with depression and other mental health disorders. We build a treatment plan based on your unique symptoms and type of depression to give you the best chances of recovery. For severe cases of depression where a substance use disorder has formed, we offer 24/7 residential treatment to help you regain control of your life.
Benefits of Enrolling in a Depression Treatment Center
Men and women who seek treatment from a depression treatment center will see benefits in their mental health. Behavioral therapy will help you better understand how depression affects you and help create coping skills to stop negative thinking and behavior.
Other benefits of enrolling in a depression treatment center include:
- Improved communication skills to communicate your feelings properly
- Learn how to stop negative thinking and create coping skills that you use to prevent any future self-destructive thoughts
- Learn how to express your feelings and emotions properly
- Manage stress and anxiety more effectively
- Increasing self-esteem and confidence in decision-making skills and maintaining your happiness
Arkview Recovery Center: Mental Health Services Near Harrisburg, PA
At Arkview Recovery, we are your answer for who to go to for depression. We help men and women near Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Washington D.C. with compassionate and effective treatment for depression and other mental health issues. We can help with all forms of depression, including:
- Major depression
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Postpartum depression
- Persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia)
- Psychotic depression
To learn more about our depression treatment center, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff about our mental health services in PA.