Mental health illnesses continue to plague the U.S., with nearly one in five adults over the age of 18 struggling with some form of mental health issue. The best form of treatment to combat this epidemic is cognitive-behavioral therapy close to Dauphin, PA. A cognitive-behavioral therapy program allows therapists to guide patients toward discovering the cause behind their struggles and recognizing the power they have to change their ways for the better.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we help men and women in Pennsylvania who struggle with a mental health illness and want to make a positive change in their lives. We use cognitive-behavioral therapy and other forms of therapy to encourage our patients to change their negative behaviors and form healthy coping skills to improve their quality of life. If you or a loved one is struggling with a mental health illness, call 717.744.0756 today to learn how cognitive-behavioral therapy near Dauphin, PA, can help.
What is Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy?
A cognitive-behavioral therapy program, or CBT, is a form of psychological treatment that is highly effective in treating several mental health illnesses. Through research and clinical practice, CBT has advanced to become one of the preferred methods for treating patients struggling with some form of mental health illness. Just some of the mental health disorders that CBT can help with include:
- Anxiety disorders
- Substance use disorders
- Marital problems
- Eating disorders
- Severe mental illness
There are three core principles that cognitive-behavioral therapy is based on:
- Your psychological problems come in part from negative or harmful thinking patterns.
- You learn the negative thoughts and behaviors you exhibit.
- You can learn better ways to cope with your negative thoughts and behaviors.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we provide cognitive-behavioral treatment near Dauphine, PA, for patients tired of letting their mental health interfere with their day-to-day activities. Our certified therapists will work with you to change your thinking patterns and create healthy coping skills so you can lead a healthy and productive life.
What to Expect from a Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in Pennsylvania
Deciding to get help with a mental health disorder is difficult for many people. Many people see it as a weakness, and only a very small percentage of people with a mental health illness will go to a treatment facility before their symptoms affect their lives. When you decide you are ready for a real change, here is what you can expect from your cognitive-behavioral therapy in Pennsylvania:
- Therapists will guide you to recognize the negative thinking patterns fueling your mental health illness.
- Gain a better understanding of the behaviors and motivation of others.
- Create problem-solving skills to cope with situations that cause you the most stress.
- Learn to face your fears instead of ignoring them.
- Practice your coping skills in group therapy.
- Gain more confidence in your ability to get through any situation you face.
- Practice mindfulness and meditation to calm your mind and body.
Arkview Recovery Center: Providing Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy near Dauphin, PA, to Benefit Your Recovery
At Arkview Recovery Center, our cognitive-behavioral therapy in Pennsylvania is here to help men and women change their negative thoughts and behaviors. CBT is just one part of the therapies we employ through our mental health treatment programs. Depending on your unique symptoms, your treatment program may include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Group and individual therapy
- Family education program
Our holistic approach to your mental health recovery allows for a more effective form of therapy with a high success rate. Patients can continue their therapy for as long as necessary to maintain their quality of life. Call 717.744.0756 today to speak with a team member about our cognitive-behavioral therapy program in Pennsylvania.