Rochester, NY, is on the shores of Lake Ontario and is home to amazing culinary delights, festivals, shopping, and family-friendly activities. It is also in the grips of an opioid epidemic affecting millions of New Yorkers yearly. For those who are struggling with opioid addiction, finding residential treatment near Rochester is imperative before the abuse causes permanent physical harm or death. In Monroe county, overdose death rates spiked due to fentanyl and other opioids, with 43 overdose fatalities as of April 2022. Residential treatment near Rochester, NY, gives patients the skills and confidence they need to beat their addiction in a safe and discreet environment.
At Arkview Recovery, we work with men and women in Rochester who are struggling with an addiction to opioids, alcohol, heroin, or other harmful substances. Each patient receives individualized care through our residential treatment programs using a combination of behavioral therapy and medical support to treat the physical and mental aspects of addiction. For more information about our residential treatment near Rochester, NY, fill out our online form or call 717.744.0756 today to speak with one of our caring team members.
Finding Residential Treatment Near Rochester
Residential treatment is a 24/7 program where patients live in a facility for several weeks to months, depending on the severity of the addiction. Most treatment programs run for 30, 60, or 90 days, while more severe cases may require additional time. Once residential treatment is completed, patients will continue their therapy on an outpatient basis with less time spent in treatment. This allows for a slow return to their daily lives and minimizes the risk of relapse.
When choosing a residential treatment program close to Rochester, look to see what type of therapy programs they offer. They should include a variety of therapy options, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational interviewing
- Group and individual therapy
- Family therapy
At Arkview Recovery Center, we provide residential treatment close to Rochester for those ready to stop letting their addiction rule their lives. We take the time to build trust and open communication with each patient so they feel comfortable opening up about their addiction and the feelings or events that caused it.
What to Expect from a Residential Treatment Program Close to Rochester
Residential treatment is for those whose addiction is so severe that they cannot stop without full-time support and a break from their responsibilities. After completing residential treatment, therapy will continue through outpatient treatment programs.
Here is what you can expect from a residential treatment program:
- Behavioral therapy – Cognitive-behavioral therapy and other therapies have proven effective in treating addiction and any underlying mental health disorders fueling it. Therapists work with patients privately and in group sessions to improve their understanding of addiction and develop coping skills for managing their symptoms. Most residential treatment programs will include various types of behavioral and holistic therapies.
- Medical support – Medical staff will administer medications to minimize addiction cravings and withdrawals. Without medical support, withdrawal symptoms can be very uncomfortable, painful, and deadly. They will monitor each patient’s progress and begin to reduce the medication as their symptoms start to diminish. Most patients will be 100% drug-free by the end of the program.
- Family therapy – An essential part of creating a sober and healthy lifestyle is repairing any broken family bonds and relationships. During family therapy, parents, siblings, and spouses will talk with a therapist about their feelings and any misconceptions about addiction. They will learn how to become an integral part of the recovery process and create a stable and sober home environment.
Finding residential treatment near Rochester can ease recovery and reduce the risk of relapse and overdose. There is no reason to risk further harm by detoxing alone when residential treatment programs are available close to Rochester to treat all types of addiction.
Choose Arkview Recovery’s Residential Treatment Near Rochester, NY
At Arkview Recovery, our accredited residential treatment center helps men and women from Rochester looking for support during their addiction recovery. Our beautiful facility is located south of Rochester in Mechanicsburg, PA, with comfortable bedrooms and spacious meeting areas where you will focus on your recovery, free from outside distractions.
If you or a loved one needs help with their addiction recovery, call 717.744.0756 today for more information about our residential treatment near Rochester.