What is a partial hospitalization program or PHP? It is a type of outpatient treatment for people struggling with substance use disorder or other mental health disorders. It allows the gradual transition from full-time therapy to outpatient programs where clients begin living at home or in a sober living arrangement. A partial hospitalization program typically follows residential treatment and is very effective in helping patients transition back to their lives.
At Arkview Recovery, we support people from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction, personality disorders, or other mental health conditions. We offer a full range of treatment programs, from medical detox to outpatient treatment programs. We are with you every step of the way to support your recovery efforts. To learn more about what a partial hospitalization program is and how it can benefit your recovery, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our friendly staff.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
A partial hospitalization program is a short-term treatment program meant to help patients ease back into their lives after completing a residential treatment program. PHP typically lasts 2-3 weeks, where patients continue therapy for several hours during the day and return home at night with homework to complete for the next day. Some treatment centers offer sober living homes for those who do not have a supportive home environment.
- Before patients can begin a partial hospitalization program, they must meet specific requirements to succeed:
- Successful completion of a detox or residential treatment program
- Be mentally and physically healthy and have a strong desire to lead a sober life
- Able to abstain from drugs or alcohol with minimal supervision
- Have a stable and sober home environment
- Able to meet daily for regularly scheduled therapy
At Arkview Recovery, we offer a full range of treatment programs where patients will get the care and attention they need to reach their recovery goals. Each treatment program builds up their confidence in staying sober while slowly decreasing the time spent in therapy.
The Benefits of Enrolling in a Partial Hospitalization Program
PHP has many benefits for those who are ready for the next stage of recovery. It gives patients time to adjust to life outside of a treatment center while still having someone to talk to about their struggles.
Some of the benefits of a partial hospitalization program include:
- Providing a safe way to transition from residential treatment back into your everyday life over several weeks. Continuing therapy after a residential program is highly recommended to avoid relapsing.
- Continuing to participate in behavioral therapy in group and private sessions, where patients will fine-tune their coping and communication skills and practice them with their peers.
- Continuing medical support to reduce any lingering withdrawal symptoms and cravings, as most patients will be completely drug-free by the end of the program.
- Family therapy is essential to addiction recovery and helps restore broken trust and relationships between parents, siblings, and spouses. All family members will have time to discuss their feelings and frustrations with a therapist and learn how to create a supportive home environment.
PHP is essential to a comprehensive treatment program that includes medical detox, residential treatment, outpatient treatment, and aftercare programs.
Arkview Recovery: A Comprehensive Partial Hospitalization Program for Your Recovery
What is a partial hospitalization program, and how can it benefit your recovery? At Arkview Recovery, our outpatient treatment programs allow you to continue therapy while adjusting to your new sober life and putting your coping skills to the test. You will work with your therapist to discuss any struggles you encounter and fine-tune your skills so they become more effective.
Reach out to our compassionate staff today by calling 717.744.0756 for more information about our addiction treatment programs.