Drug addiction is a serious mental health disorder that causes painful and sometimes deadly withdrawal symptoms that can cause a person to relapse after a few days. It also creates powerful cravings for the substance of choice that can last several days until the person gives in. Fortunately, a detox program for drugs can ease the withdrawal process and allow patients to reach their recovery goals. A drug and alcohol detox program dramatically reduces relapse risk through behavioral therapy and medical support.
At Arkview Recovery Center, our accredited treatment facility can treat individuals from Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and surrounding areas. York County, where the facility is located, saw a spike in overdose deaths in 2020, reaching an all-time high. We are a full-service treatment center with detox, residential, and outpatient treatment programs to treat all levels of addiction and any related conditions fueling it. Patients can relax in our private and comfortable facility while receiving the best care for their symptoms. To learn more about our drug and alcohol detox program, call 717.744.0756 or send us a message online today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Why Do You Need a Detox Program for Drugs?
Those with serious cocaine, meth, or heroin addiction face a difficult few weeks when they try to quit. When symptoms peak around day 2 or 3, their urges and discomfort can become so great that they give in and start abusing again. If they don’t consider their lowered tolerance, they risk overdose, coma, or death. The withdrawal process can take anywhere from 3-4 weeks to several months. During that time, withdrawal symptoms and cravings will persist unless they are given medication from a trained professional through a detox program for drugs.
If you are concerned that a friend or loved one is abusing drugs, here are some of the signs that they need a detox program:
- What started as taking only a small amount has increased over time
- They want to quit, but their withdrawals and cravings are too powerful
- You notice glass pipes, burnt spoons, discarded needles, and other drug paraphernalia around the house
- They are easily angered or feel irritated all of the time
Physical signs of drug abuse include sudden weight loss, a lack of personal hygiene, bruising or needle marks on the skin, gum and tooth decay, along with other serious medical conditions.
At Arkview Recovery, our team has experience treating addiction to prescription and illegal drugs through our addiction treatment programs. We combine the best treatment modalities to give you or a loved one the best chances of recovery in a safe and supportive environment.
The Benefits of Enrolling in a Detox Program Near Me
There are many benefits of enrolling in a detox program that goes beyond the detox process. Patients will work on uncovering the root cause of the addiction so they can learn how to cope with those feelings without using more drugs or alcohol.
After enrolling in a detox program, here are some benefits you can expect:
- Medical staff will administer medications to minimize drug withdrawals and cravings, along with any depressive or anxiety symptoms that may be behind the addiction. Because no two people are alike, they work closely with each patient to find the right combination of medications for maximum benefits with minimal side effects.
- Behavioral therapists will work with patients in group and private therapy sessions to better understand their condition and new coping skills to maintain sobriety. In group therapy, patients will participate in various activities, games, and discussions to practice their skills and gain confidence in maintaining sobriety.
- Family therapy is an integral part of the recovery process. Parents and spouses can talk with a therapist and vent any frustrations or anger to ease their mental health. They will also learn how to create a supportive home environment once the treatment program is complete.
A detox program for drugs gives patients a safe way to get through the dangerous withdrawal process after abusing drugs or alcohol. It significantly reduces the risk of relapse and encourages continuing with the program.
Arkview Recovery Center: Your Top Resource for Drug and Alcohol Detox and Recovery
At Arkview Recovery, our detox program in Mechanicsburg, PA, for drug and alcohol addiction helps individuals and their families recover from the devastating effects of drug addiction. When you first arrive at our facility, we will run a full assessment to determine the right program to deal with the severity of the addiction. We offer a full array of therapy options, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, family therapy, creative writing, and other holistic programs.
If you are searching online for a detox program near me and live in Pennsylvania, click on the link for Arkview Recovery Center, or call 717.744.0756 for more information about our drug and alcohol detox program.