Anxiety disorders are one of the most common mental health disorders that affect men and women over 18. The best way for people to reduce their anxiety symptoms and frequency of attacks is by developing coping skills for anxiety through an anxiety treatment center. The skills they learn will help them discover the cause behind their anxiety and develop healthy coping skills to reduce their symptoms and significantly improve their happiness.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we provide support for men and women struggling with anxiety disorders or other types of mental health disorders. We take the time to get to know each patient and the severity of their symptoms to form a custom treatment plan that addresses all of their needs. If you are tired of letting your anxiety ruin your life, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our compassionate staff about the benefits of enrolling in our anxiety treatment center.
Different Types of Anxiety
Nearly 40 million adults report struggling with some form of anxiety, yet only a third of those people will seek help for their symptoms. They feel that they can cope with their feelings with drugs and alcohol. They don’t realize that they are potentially creating a co-occurring disorder of anxiety and substance use disorder that will require extensive treatment.
Anxiety can develop from personal or work stress, relationship troubles, financial worries, and even the changing of the seasons. Symptoms can range wildly from a mild sensation like butterflies in the stomach to a crippling fear that prevents people from completing the task at hand or even leaving the house. Several types of anxiety disorders can affect men and women equally, such as:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Panic disorders
- Social anxiety disorder
At Arkview Recovery, our behavioral therapists have experience treating all forms of anxiety and other mental health illnesses. Patients will participate in group and one-on-one therapy to learn and practice coping skills for anxiety that will allow them to face any situation confidently.
What Are Some Coping Skills for Anxiety?
Coping skills for anxiety are not the same for each person. What works for one person may not work for another. An anxiety treatment center can address all types of anxiety and teach you coping skills that will benefit you the most. Here are some healthy coping skills for anxiety that you can practice anytime to reduce your anxiety symptoms:
- Physical activity – Anxiety can create a lot of pent-up energy, and physical exercise is a great way to burn off this excess energy. Go for a run, a hike in the woods, lift weights, ride a bike, or walk around the office if you are stuck at work.
- Mind-engaging activities – For patients whose anxiety creates non-stop worrying or obsessing over past or future events, distracting their minds will reduce their anxiety symptoms. Read a book, play chess, or put on some headphones and listen to some relaxing music or harmonics.
- Relaxation techniques – There are several relaxing techniques you can do anywhere. Deep breathing, meditation, playing with a pet, or doing an activity that brings you joy can help calm racing minds.
- Journaling – Writing in a journal every day is very therapeutic and can help you recognize triggers and what works best to calm you down. Write down any anxiety symptoms you felt and what you did to calm down at the end of the day.
Arkview Recovery Center Gives Men and Women Healthy Coping Skills for Anxiety
At Arkview Recovery Center, we help men and women whose anxiety is causing significant problems in their daily lives. Our certified therapists will work with you to understand your symptoms and recovery goals and work with you in group and private therapy to develop the skills that will benefit you the most.
If you or a loved one is struggling with anxiety and ready for a positive change, call 717.744.0756 or fill out our online form today.