Addiction is a mental health disorder that affects millions of adults in the U.S. today, with only a small percentage of those people seeking help from an addiction treatment program. They wrongly assume they can detox alone and unwittingly put themselves at a higher risk of relapse. In Dauphin County, Pennsylvania alone, 108 accidental overdose deaths were recorded in 2021. A detox center in Harrisburg, PA, gives men and women in Pennsylvania a real chance to treat their addiction. Arkview Recovery’s detox center near Harrisburg, PA is available to begin their addiction recovery for men and women ready for a real change.
At Arkview Recovery, our drug and alcohol detox is the first step in helping patients get through the painful and debilitating withdrawal symptoms to focus 100% on their recovery. Our residential and outpatient treatment programs give patients the time they need to heal while gaining coping skills to avoid their triggers and reach their goal of long-lasting recovery. For more information about our detox center in Harrisburg, PA call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our compassionate staff.
What Is a Detox Center?
A detox center provides a safe and compassionate space where men and women can get help with their withdrawal symptoms from drugs and alcohol. When a person first tries to quit drinking or doing drugs, they will begin to experience withdrawal symptoms that can last up to several weeks. Depending on the severity of the addiction, withdrawal symptoms can be so severe that they can lead to serious physical symptoms, such as:
- Muscle aches
- Joint pain
- Severe constipation
- Changing body temperature
Patients will also experience mental withdrawal symptoms that can include:
- Severe mood swings
- Mental confusion
At Arkview Recovery Center, our drug and alcohol detox center in Harrisburg, PA gives men and women a real chance at reaching their sober goals. Patients receive medication to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings while participating in behavioral therapy to understand the reasons behind their addiction better.
Benefits of Enrolling in a Detox Center in Harrisburg, PA
What is a detox center? A drug and alcohol detox center in Pennsylvania can be very beneficial in helping men and women struggling with addiction who are ready to lead a sober life. They develop skills to maintain their sobriety at home and in social settings when they are prepared to return to their lives full time.
Just some of the benefits of a drug detox center near Harrisburg, PA include:
- Medical staff will administer medication to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings. They will monitor your reactions and adjust your medication so you continue to receive the maximum benefit until you no longer need it.
- Therapists will work with patients in private therapy, where they will learn about how addiction changes their brain chemistry and creates a physical dependence on the substance of choice.
- Patients will participate in group therapy where they can see how others are affected by addiction and get new perspectives into how peers cope with their symptoms. They practice coping and communication skills to build their confidence in their ability to maintain their sobriety while under the watchful eye of their therapist.
- Family therapy is necessary to help rebuild trust and broken relationships and create a stronger family bond.
Choose Arkview Recovery for an Effective Drug and Alcohol Detox Center in Pennsylvania
At Arkview Recovery, we help men and women struggling with addiction, starting with our detox center in Harrisburg, PA. Patients can continue receiving medical and behavioral therapy through our addiction treatment programs that include:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Residential treatment program
- Separate men’s and women’s rehab program
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and ready to make a real change, call 717.744.0756 today for more information about our detox center in Harrisburg, PA.