Anxiety is one of the most common mental health illnesses in the US, affecting nearly 40 million men and women over the age of 18. Sadly, less than 36% of that number will ever get help for this illness. Fortunately, an anxiety treatment center in Pennsylvania can help you with your anxiety treatment through a combination of individual and group therapy programs.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we can help residents in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Washington DC with their anxiety in our brand new spacious treatment center in Mechanicsburg, PA. We tailor our treatment plans to each person’s unique situation to create an effective anxiety treatment program based on the individual’s needs. If you or a loved one is suffering through anxiety alone, call 717.744.0756 today to learn more about our anxiety treatment center in Pennsylvania.
Anxiety Affects People in Different Ways
Anxiety can affect each person in different ways. Most people think of anxiety symptoms like rapid heart rate, panicking, hyperventilating, and an overwhelming sense of fear. Some patients’ anxiety can become so bad that their blood pressure drops rapidly, and they pass out.
There are five types of anxiety disorders:
- General anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Social phobia or Social Anxiety Disorder
Another form of anxiety is called High-functioning anxiety. This form of anxiety affects overachievers who seem to have a perfect life and know the right thing to say or do in any situation. In reality, they can suffer from severe worry or panic over not doing enough, pushing themselves to make sure everything is perfect. Consequently, it can negatively affect their health and lead to depression, chronic stress, and addiction.
High-functioning anxiety is a form of generalized anxiety disorder. Fortunately, high-functioning anxiety treatment can help improve patients’ health and teach them healthy ways to deal with their anxiety.
At Arkview Recovery, our behavioral therapy program can help with high-functioning anxiety and all forms of anxiety disorders. Our anxiety treatment center in Pennsylvania combines individual and group therapy to give you the best anxiety treatment.
3 Techniques to Help with Anxiety
You can do many things every day to help manage your anxiety, like avoiding drugs and alcohol and making your health a priority. In addition, anxiety treatment centers will help you develop the right techniques to manage your anxiety.
Here are three techniques you can use for all types of anxiety disorders:
- Keep a journal. Journaling is an excellent way to work through your emotions. It can also help you improve your ability to identify triggers and fine-tune your coping skills. Journaling at night gives you a chance to write about your day and take an objective review of how you managed your anxiety.
- Breathing techniques. Yoga and meditation are effective techniques for calming you down. You can take a five-minute meditation break in a quiet space during stressful days. Or, if you can’t break away, deep breathing exercises can help calm you down and allow you to continue with your day.
- Create a mantra. A mantra is a short phrase that you repeat several times a day. A mantra can help reinforce your beliefs, remind you of your goals, and help keep you calm in stressful situations.
Arkview Recovery Center: High-functioning Anxiety Treatment Near You
At Arkview Recovery Center, we are here to give you the best chances at overcoming your anxiety. Our anxiety treatment center in Pennsylvania can help with all types of anxiety through cognitive-behavioral therapy and family therapy programs. Moreover, we will build an anxiety treatment program based on your individual needs from your initial evaluation.
We offer many types of programs to help with your anxiety treatment:
- Individual and group therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
If you or a loved one’s anxiety starts interfering with their daily lives, get help. Call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our caring staff about our anxiety treatment center in Pennsylvania.