Medical science has come a long way over the years and has helped millions of men and women recover from addiction to drugs and alcohol. Pharmacotherapy is the use of certain medications to support patients who are struggling with addiction, depression, and other mental health disorders. It goes a long way in reducing the symptoms that interfere with their recovery and helping them lead healthy and productive lives. A pharmacotherapy program will coincide with behavioral therapy as part of a well-rounded treatment program.
At Arkview Recovery, we support men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction or other mental health illnesses. Medical staff works alongside behavioral therapists to administer medication and monitor you for any adverse reactions. They will continue to adjust your medications to receive the maximum benefits with minimal negative side effects. If you would like more information about our pharmacotherapy program, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our compassionate staff.
What Is Pharmacotherapy?
What is pharmacotherapy? It is an effective form of treatment using medication to treat addiction to alcohol, heroin, and opioid pain medication. They work by reducing painful withdrawal symptoms and reducing their cravings, allowing patients to focus on their recovery safely. Men and women who try to detox without medical support put themselves at a higher risk of relapse and potentially overdose and die.
Medication is also available to treat depression, anxiety, and other mental health illnesses, which can be a side effect of their addiction.
Some of the medications used in a pharmacotherapy program include:
Arkview Recovery supports men and women who want help with their recovery journey through our residential and outpatient treatment programs. Our behavioral therapists and medical staff work together to create an effective treatment program that gives patients a safer means of recovery.
What to Expect from Pharmacotherapy Treatment
Enrolling in an addiction treatment program can be a difficult first step to take, but one that will lead you toward a healthier future. You are getting support from trained therapists with experience helping patients with their addiction while safely detoxing and reducing the risk of relapsing and overdose.
Here is some of what you can expect from an addiction treatment program using pharmacotherapy treatment:
- Certified therapists and medical staff work together to create an effective treatment plan that involves medication and behavioral support.
- Medical professionals will work with your unique symptoms and create a treatment plan that can use multiple medications to address all of your needs.
- They will administer medications and monitor you for any negative side effects. They will continue to adjust your dosage until they find the right combination of medications.
- While receiving medical support, patients will participate in behavioral therapy to address the mental aspect of addiction. They will learn what is behind their addiction and how to process their feelings without turning to drugs or alcohol.
- Therapists and medical staff will meet weekly to discuss a patient’s progress and update their program accordingly. If starting with a residential program, patients will graduate to outpatient treatment while slowly integrating back into their daily lives.
Pharmacotherapy and Behavioral Health at Arkview Recovery
What is pharmacotherapy treatment, and how can it benefit your recovery? At Arkview Recovery, we help men and women who are struggling with addiction and looking for a treatment program to help with their recovery. We combined pharmacotherapy treatment to reduce their withdrawal symptoms with behavioral and holistic therapies so they can focus on creating healthy coping skills to manage their symptoms.
Reach out to our compassionate staff today by calling 717.744.0756 or filling out our online form for more information about enrolling at our addiction treatment center.