There are critical differences in the way men and women use drugs and alcohol. Women are likely to take smaller amounts, and for less time, perhaps due to the increased sensitivity they have to drugs and alcohol. Women are also more likely to face additional barriers in treatment and have a more challenging time asking for help. Women’s rehab removes gender-based barriers and allows for a more focused discussion on women’s matters. A women’s rehab program can help women struggling with addiction in a safe and non-judgemental environment.
At Arkview Recovery Center, our women’s rehab center offers women residential treatment to help with their addiction and any underlying mental health issues. We provide various forms of behavioral therapy and medication-assisted treatment to give you the best chance at recovery and maintaining a healthy and sober life. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our caring staff about our women’s inpatient rehab near Harrisburg, PA.
A Women’s Rehab Center is Your First Step Toward Recovery
Addiction in women typically starts through prescription medication. Sleeping pills and opioid pain medications have a high abuse rate if patients do not follow the prescription precisely. Women who realize they have an addiction will try to stop without help from a women’s rehab center and will struggle with their withdrawal symptoms, which can include:
- Intense cravings
- Mood swings
- Muscle pain
- Nausea and vomiting
The severity of your withdrawal symptoms will depend on the amount you take and the length of abuse. At Arkview Recovery, our women’s inpatient rehab can give you the help you need to get through withdrawal and begin focusing on your physical and mental health. We offer residential and outpatient treatment programs to benefit your recovery so you can lead a healthy and productive life.
How Can a Women’s Rehabilitation Center Help You?
There are many benefits to enrolling in a women’s alcohol rehab to help with your addiction. You will get the help you need to safely get through your withdrawal symptoms, create new coping skills, and help stop negative thinking and behavior. Other benefits you will receive at a women’s rehabilitation center include:
- A safe and non-judgemental space–In women’s rehab, women feel more open to discussing women-specific issues. They can freely discuss issues like postpartum depression, spousal or parental abuse, and other issues that led to their addiction.
- Fewer distractions from men–Therapy without the natural distractions between men and women allows for more effective treatment, especially for women whose addiction stems from abuse from men. Women will be able to open up and talk about their struggles and get to the root cause of their addiction much faster than in a co-ed therapy setting.
- Identifying triggers–Through individual and group therapy, women will work on recognizing triggers and forming healthy coping skills to stop them. Together with other women in the program, they practice these new skills and build their confidence in maintaining sobriety.
- Creating a community of support–The women who go through women’s rehab with you will become a part of a sober network that you can rely on at any time to help with your sobriety. Many women who complete their recovery return to become mentors for other women starting their recovery.
Arkview Recovery Center: Compassionate Women’s Rehab Near Harrisburg, PA
At Arkview Recovery Center near Harrisburg, PA, we offer compassionate women’s rehab for women struggling with addiction and are ready to make a positive change. Our residential and outpatient treatment programs combine various therapies and treatments to give you a better chance at recovery:
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Family education program
- Individual and group therapy
To learn more about our women’s rehab and how it can help you or a loved one, call 717.744.0756 today for more information about our women’s rehabilitation center.