Addiction to alcohol continues to be a serious problem for men all across the nation. Pennsylvania sees an average of over 3,800 alcohol-related deaths each year, with men making up about 72.1% of the total number of deaths in the state1. Rehab for men near Cumberland, PA, provides discreet and effective addiction treatment for men whose addiction is related to relationship issues with women at home or in the workplace. A men’s rehab center gives men a real chance at getting control of their lives back from addiction.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we help men struggling with alcohol addiction through our men’s rehab center near Cumberland, PA. Certified therapists will sit with you to understand your unique needs and the severity of the addiction to create a custom treatment program that will include group and individual therapies and medication-assisted treatment. For men who are ready for a real change in their lives, call 717.744.0756 today or fill out our online form to learn how we can benefit your addiction recovery.
The Dangers of Alcohol and Why Alcohol Rehab for Men Is Important
Alcohol is a dangerous legal substance that causes significant physical and mental harm in men of all ages. Men are more likely to abuse large amounts of alcohol and participate in risky behavior like binge drinking, which can lead to alcohol poisoning and blackouts. With repeated abuse over time, they can form a strong addiction where they need to drink every few hours to keep withdrawal symptoms at bay.
Alcohol abuse in men can cause serious illnesses, including:
- Cancers of the mouth, throat, liver, colon, and prostate
- Erectile dysfunction and infertility
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
At Arkview Recovery Center, our alcohol rehab for men gives them a judgment-free space where they can focus on their addiction recovery without the distractions from women. Men are more likely to act tough and not let their guard down in a co-ed rehab situation. This can cause significant problems during recovery and is more likely to lead to relapse and overdose.
What to Look For in a Men’s Rehab Center Near Cumberland, PA
Addiction recovery is different for each person. When searching for a men’s rehab near Cumberland, PA, be sure to ask about credentials and experience in treating alcohol addiction in men. The more confident you feel about their experience, the better your recovery journey.
Look for the following services and programs when searching for men’s rehab near Cumberland, PA:
- A dedicated treatment program with no female presence to distract from their recovery process.
- Certified behavioral therapists with experience in treating all forms of addiction through various therapy programs that will address the mental aspects of the addiction.
- Medical professionals who can administer medications to reduce painful withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings for drugs and alcohol.
- Men will work with therapists during private therapy to address the reason behind their addiction and work to build coping skills and new thinking patterns.
- During group therapy, they will work with other men to practice their skills. They will also take this time to work on improving their communication skills and learn to open up about their feelings to others.
- Various treatment programs that include residential, outpatient, and telehealth options.
Arkview Recovery Center: Your Best Choice for Rehab for Men Near Cumberland, PA
Arkview Recovery Center is a quick 30-minute drive on the 174 freeway. We are on Wilson Lane across from the Bethany Village West retirement community in Mechanicsburg, PA. We offer safe and compassionate rehab for men who prefer a gender-specific treatment program. Our full range of treatment programs include:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Men’s rehab program
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment
For men struggling with alcohol addiction, help is available at our men’s rehab near Cumberland, PA. Call 717.744.0756 today to find out how we can help with your addiction recovery.