Goal setting is an essential step in any addiction recovery program. It gives patients specific objectives to work on and helps them focus on the skills that benefit them the most. Setting family therapy goals is also necessary for patients to create a stable and sober home. A family therapy program is crucial for patients ready for long-lasting recovery and healing and strengthening the family bond.
At Arkview Recovery, our family therapy goals and objectives help patients and their families whose lives are broken due to addiction or other mental health disorders. Therapists work with patients and their families to create specific goals that will benefit the patient’s recovery while creating objectives for the family to create a supportive home environment. Learn more about our treatment goals for family therapy at 717.744.0756.
The Importance of Setting Family Therapy Goals
Your family is an important part of who you are. You picked up your habits and mannerisms from them and learned how to cope with troubling thoughts and feelings. For men and women struggling with addiction or other mental health disorders, their families will be a big part of their recovery. Some family therapy goals will include helping parents and siblings understand how addiction affects them and how they can become a part of the addiction recovery process.
Just some of the benefits of setting family therapy goals include:
- Gain a better understanding of addiction and how it affects everyone in the family
- Provides a safe and encouraging environment where anyone can talk about their feelings
- Decreases the risk of relapsing
- Repairs broken relationships and trust
At Arkview Recovery, our treatment goals for family therapy include building a safe and sober home environment for when patients are ready to continue their recovery at home. A sober home environment is essential for successfully completing the program and maintaining their sobriety.
Setting Treatment Goals for Family Therapy
Each person who enters an addiction treatment center will have one goal in common—getting control of their lives back. To do this, your family is essential in your recovery process to give you the greatest chance of reaching your objectives.
Here are some treatment goals for family therapy that can benefit your addiction recovery:
- Improving communication skills – Patients and families learn how to effectively communicate and understand that it is okay to talk about their feelings. Communication skills include learning how to listen and respond in a healthy and non-accusatory manner.
- Solving family problems – Therapists help families work on any issues within the family that may be creating a toxic environment at home. Parents and siblings discover how their actions affect each other and begin to form better ways of handling their thoughts and feelings.
- Setting healthy boundaries – Setting boundaries within your family is vital for everyone’s happiness. This practice helps families learn how to accept that each person has their own thoughts and opinions and that it is okay for people to have their ideas.
- Creating a sober home environment – To help patients reach their goals of long-lasting recovery, they will need a supportive and sober home environment. Parents and siblings work with the therapist to create a better home life for everyone.
Set Your Family Therapy Goals and Objectives at Arkview Recovery Center
At Arkview Recovery, we help men and women struggling with addiction and their families. Part of our family therapy goals is to create a sober home environment and better understand addiction and how it affects the entire family. On top of our family therapy program, we also include other therapy options, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
Get help setting family therapy goals and objectives. Reach out today by calling 717.744.0756.