Alcohol addiction affects nearly 21 million men and women in the U.S. today, and those numbers continue to rise every year. For those who want to quit drinking but whose withdrawal symptoms are too severe, alcohol addiction treatment near Lancaster, PA, can give men and women a safe way of getting through their withdrawals with fewer chances of relapse. Alcohol addiction treatment is the best way to reach your lifelong sobriety goal and lead a more productive and happy life.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we use proven techniques for helping patients struggling with alcohol addiction in PA. We employ various therapy techniques in group and private sessions to help you understand your addiction and create effective coping skills to maintain your sobriety. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and ready to make a positive change, call 717.744.0756 today to learn how our alcohol addiction treatment close to Lancaster, PA, can benefit your recovery.
Why Do You Need Alcohol Addiction Treatment?
When you drink, the chemicals in alcohol attach themselves to the opioid receptors in your body and signal a massive release of dopamine. This is what gives you that euphoria and intoxicating feeling. Your body stops normal dopamine production until all toxins are out of your body. Depending on your weight, it can take up to 60 minutes for your body to metabolize one alcoholic drink.
Men and women who have a couple of drinks per week will have less risk of forming an addiction as they give their bodies time to process the alcohol and restore normal dopamine production. While drinking a glass of wine or beer a night is fine, over time, your body will develop a tolerance and require more to achieve the same euphoric effect, and soon one becomes two, and so forth.
At Arkview Recovery, our alcohol addiction treatment near Lancaster, PA, provides safe and compassionate treatment for men and women struggling with addiction. Patients can enjoy 24/7 care in our beautiful and spacious facility while gaining confidence in their ability to maintain their sobriety.
Getting Help Through Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers in PA
If you have attempted to quit drinking alone, you know how difficult it can be to get through withdrawals. Alcohol addiction treatment centers in PA allow patients to safely get through their withdrawal symptoms and begin changing their negative thoughts and behaviors. After enrolling in alcohol addiction treatment near Lancaster, PA, you can expect some of the following:
- Therapists and medical staff will perform a complete evaluation to determine the level of treatment necessary.
- Medication-assisted therapy can help reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings for severe withdrawal symptoms. Medical staff will administer the medications and monitor your progress to get the maximum benefit from the medications.
- Patients participate in individual and group therapy, along with family counseling and other types of behavioral therapy to better understand their addiction and learn coping skills to maintain their sobriety.
- During group therapy, patients practice coping skills with others in the group to gain confidence in maintaining their sobriety. Group therapy also allows your therapist to watch you interact with others and talk about it during your individual therapy.
- After completing the initial program, patients can continue receiving care for as long as necessary through outpatient and aftercare programs. Many return as mentors to help others with their sober journey.
Arkview Recovery Center: Providing Effective Alcohol Addiction Treatment near Lancaster, PA
At Arkview Recovery Center, we provide compassionate care for men and women struggling with addiction to alcohol. To help as many people as possible, we provide a wide range of addiction treatment programs, such as:
- Residential/Inpatient treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Medication-assisted treatment
For more information about our alcohol addiction treatment close to Lancaster, PA, call 717.744.0756 today to see how we can help you or a loved one struggling with alcohol addiction in PA.