Intensive outpatient treatment is essential in treating addiction to alcohol, cocaine, or other dangerous substances. It typically follows a residential treatment program and continues therapy while patients return to their homes or sober living community. Those who continue therapy after residential treatment are less likely to relapse during the first year after returning home. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, an intensive outpatient program can aid in the recovery process.
Tower Hill sits at an elevation of 1,814 feet near the town of Snow Shoe, PA, with a population of about 28,000. Residents can join Arkview Recovery Center for our accredited treatment programs for treating addiction, depression, or other mental health disorders. When you arrive at our facility, we will run a full assessment to find the best treatment options for your symptoms. You will participate in group and individual therapy while receiving medication to minimize disruptive symptoms. For more information about our intensive outpatient program, call 717.744.0756 today or fill out our online form, and one of our team members will respond shortly.
Is an Intensive Outpatient Treatment Right for You?
Treating addiction and other mental health disorders is not like treating the flu. There is no cure-all pill or simple process for treating the complexities of addiction. It requires a deep understanding of a person’s background and life experiences to treat the wide-ranging symptoms and causes successfully.
For severe cases of addiction, patients will begin therapy through a residential treatment program with 24/7 support in a comfortable and private residence. People with less severe addiction and whose withdrawal symptoms are not as intense can begin recovery through an outpatient treatment program.
To get the most out of intensive outpatient treatment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be able to abstain from drugs and alcohol with minimal supervision.
- You can attend regularly scheduled therapy sessions either in-person or through telehealth services.
- You have not gone through addiction treatment before and relapsed.
- Have successfully completed residential treatment and are ready to continue therapy.
- Have a strong desire to commit to lifelong sobriety.
At Arkview Recovery, we offer a full complement of addiction treatment programs to address all levels of addiction. We design each treatment program around the person’s unique symptoms for the best chances of recovery.
What to Look For in Intensive Outpatient Treatment Center
Outpatient treatment is a crucial phase of the recovery process and one that should not be skipped. The first year after completing treatment can be challenging, and regularly talking with a trained therapist is very beneficial in maintaining your sobriety.
Here are some of the programs and services to look for when choosing an intensive outpatient treatment center:
- Behavioral therapy – The best treatment programs include various types of behavioral therapy that help patients change their negative habits and thinking patterns and learn how to be healthy and happy. Cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and motivational interviewing are some behavioral treatment types available.
- Medication-assisted treatment – Addiction creates dangerous withdrawal symptoms and powerful cravings that can make a recovery nearly impossible without help. Medical staff will administer medications to reduce withdrawal symptoms, cravings, and symptoms of depression, anxiety, and other disorders. As symptoms begin to diminish, so will the need for the medication, and they will start reducing the dosage over time.
- Family therapy – Another critical step in recovery is having your family included in the process. Parents, spouses, and children will meet with a therapist to talk about the addiction and any negative feelings they have. They will learn about addiction’s dangers and how to create a supportive home environment.
An intensive outpatient treatment program is the ideal way to continue therapy and develop the skills necessary to stay sober and build a productive future.
Choose Arkview Recovery Center for Our Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program for Treating Addiction Near Tower Hill, PA
At Arkview Recovery, we work with individuals and their families to treat addiction to prescription pain medication, alcohol, heroin, or other addictive substances. Tower Hill is next to the Snow Shoe Fire Hall off the 80 Freeway and is an easy drive to our accredited addiction treatment facility. We are a full-service treatment center and offer the following:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Separate men’s and women’s rehab
- Dual diagnosis treatment
If you live in Tower Hill, PA, and searching for an intensive outpatient program near me, click on the link for Arkview Recovery or call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our friendly team.