In Pennsylvania, 12.9 million adults live with some form of serious mental health disorder that can severely impact their quality of life¹. The best way to treat addiction, PTSD, and other conditions contributing to this high statistic is through individual therapy sessions. Working with a therapist is the best way to treat many different disorders or to have someone to talk to about common daily life problems. An individual therapy program can go a long way toward preventing depression or anxiety symptoms from worsening or causing addiction to prescription medication, alcohol, or other drugs.
At Arkview Recovery, we are an accredited, full-service treatment center that is available to help residents in the mid-Atlantic area. We offer detox, residential, and outpatient treatment programs where patients will participate in group and individual therapy. In addition, we provide medication-assisted treatment to minimize any symptoms interfering with the recovery process. If you are searching for an individual therapy program near me, click on the link for Arkview Recovery Center, or call 717.744.0756 to speak with our friendly staff.
The Benefits of Individual Therapy Sessions
Individual therapy is not just for treating depression, anxiety, and other disorders. It is
an excellent way to work out relationship and family issues, cope with common work stresses, and any number of everyday life situations. If more people spoke with a therapist regularly, there would be fewer mental health cases and struggles with addiction throughout Pennsylvania and the rest of the country.
Individual therapy sessions give people a safe and private space to talk about the struggles they face. Behavioral therapists have experience with the latest techniques to help people sort through their thoughts and feelings to find the root cause of the issue. They learn to process those feelings without causing physical reactions or cravings for drugs and alcohol. Individual therapy teaches patients healthy coping skills that they will use to manage their feelings and future stresses.
At Arkview Recovery, we combine individual therapy with group activities and games that give patients a well-rounded treatment experience. They learn vital skills for coping with their feelings and gain a new positive outlook on life.
Using Individual Therapy to Treat Addiction and Other Mental Health Disorders
Each person’s treatment experience is unique to their symptoms and causes. During admissions, each patient will undergo a full evaluation to determine the best options to treat their symptoms in the best way possible. Most treatment programs will include group and individual therapy sessions using various proven treatment techniques.
Some treatment methods used in individual therapy include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This type of behavioral therapy is one of the most widely-used treatment methods for treating addiction, depression, and other disorders. It focuses on replacing negative thoughts and behaviors with more positive thinking patterns. It shows patients the power they have within them to make fundamental changes.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – DBT is for patients who have suicidal tendencies or self-harming behaviors and works on teaching patients about acceptance and change. They focus on accepting themselves for who they are and begin changing the way they see themselves and the world around them.
- Motivational interviewing – Therapists help patients sort through their feelings and find the motivation to make real changes in their life. It reduces their ambivalence, fear, and insecurities about change and helps them commit to it.
- Family therapy – Parents, spouses, and children can participate in individual therapy to work out any issues they are struggling with. Family therapy aims to mend broken trust and relationships, create a safe and supportive home environment, and build a stronger family bond.
Individual therapy sessions are very effective in helping men and women recover from addiction, manage feelings of depression and anxiety, and help bring families back together.
Find Individual Therapy Sessions at Arkview Recovery Center
Arkview Recovery offers group and individual therapy sessions for treating addiction, depression, and other mental health disorders. We are off Wilson Lane, next to the Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital. Our beautiful and spacious facility features comfortable rooms, exercise facilities, and outdoor lounging areas so that you can recover in comfort and privacy. We offer several therapy options for treating patients that include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Family therapy
- Group, and individual therapy
Pick up the phone and call 717.744.0756 today to meet our staff and schedule a tour of our mental health treatment facility.