Reading, PA, is known as the pretzel capital of the world, with several famous pretzel bakers, such as Dieffenbach Sourdough Pretzels, Tom Sturgis Pretzels, and many others. Recently the town has become very popular with cyclists, with over 125 trails in five beautiful preserves. Over the last few years, Berks County has seen a steady increase in overdose deaths each year since 2020. Residential treatment near Reading, PA, provides individuals with a safe space to focus on their recovery and stop their symptoms from worsening and causing severe medical complications or death.
At Arkview Recovery, we support individuals from all walks of life struggling with addiction, depression, or other mental health conditions and are ready for a positive change. We offer 30, 60, and 90-day residential treatment programs for individuals whose addiction is causing significant disruptions and who cannot stop drinking or using drugs. Patients will focus on their recovery while living full-time at our facility, far from distractions or triggering people. To find residential treatment near Reading, PA, message us online or call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our friendly team.
Knowing When to Enroll in Residential Treatment Near Reading, PA
A residential treatment program is a full-time, live-in recovery experience where patients have 24/7 support from behavioral therapists and medical and support staff. It is for those with severe addiction who cannot resist their cravings for more drugs or alcohol, even if they strongly desire to quit.
The chemicals in drugs and alcohol can disrupt the delicate chemical balance within your body and cause intense cravings and painful and sometimes deadly withdrawal symptoms. If a person tries quitting without professional support, they may experience several withdrawal symptoms that can include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle aches and pain
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Delerium Tremens
A residential treatment program becomes necessary when the person cannot control their drug or alcohol use, has no desire to stop, and is at risk of causing severe harm to themselves. Patients will live full-time at a secure treatment facility where they will participate in group and private therapy sessions led by a certified behavioral therapist.
Arkview Recovery Center provides Pennsylvanians with residential treatment near Reading, PA, and other major cities. We combine the best treatment modalities, including behavioral and holistic therapies and medication-assisted treatments. Together they create a more effective recovery experience with fewer risks of relapse after completing recovery.
The Benefits of Residential Treatment Near Reading, PA
Enrolling in a residential treatment program is an essential first step to recovery. After completing a residential program, patients can continue therapy through outpatient treatment programs and aftercare programs.
Here are some benefits of residential treatment near Reading, PA:
- Addiction education — Learning about the dangers of addiction is the first step in understanding how harmful drugs and alcohol are to your health. Patients will also learn how their addiction affects others and what it takes to recover and maintain long-lasting sobriety.
- Behavioral therapy — Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the best therapies to treat addiction and other mental health concerns. Therapists work with patients to discuss the reasons behind the addiction and teach them how to process those emotions instead of masking them with drugs and alcohol. They will practice coping and communication skills with their peers during group therapy in a supervised environment.
- Medication-assisted treatment — To ease withdrawal symptoms and cravings, medical staff will administer medications known to ease this stage of recovery. Once symptoms begin to fade, they will taper off the medication slowly to reduce any withdrawals from the medication. Most patients will be 100% drug-free by the end of the program.
- A safe space to recover — Patients can focus on their recovery away from triggering situations and people that can interfere with recovery. They can develop and fine-tune coping skills and build their confidence in abstaining from drugs or alcohol when they begin outpatient treatment and return home.
Enrolling in residential treatment close to Reading, PA, is the smart choice for anyone struggling with addiction and needing help recovering. It dramatically reduces the risk of relapse and gives patients the time they need to reach their sobriety goals.
Find Residential Treatment Near Reading, PA, at Arkview Recovery
Arkview Recovery is about an hour-long drive from Reading, PA, and is an ideal place to begin recovery in a comfortable and discreet treatment facility in Mechanicsburg. We use the latest in addiction treatment therapies that include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Separate men’s and women’s rehab
- Family therapy
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and ready for a positive change, call 717.744.0756 today for more information about our residential treatment close to Reading, PA.