It is very common for men and women struggling with addiction to have co-occurring mental health illnesses such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or bipolar disorder. A dual diagnosis treatment center offers help to nearly one out of eight patients with addiction who also have a mental health illness fueling their addiction. Dual diagnosis inpatient treatment centers are designed to help those struggling with multiple mental health disorders.
At Arkview Recovery Center, our dual diagnosis treatment center in Pennsylvania can help men and women struggling with addiction and any number of co-occurring mental health disorders. We help patients discover the reason behind their addiction and work on improving their mental health and addiction coping skills. To see if a dual diagnosis inpatient treatment centers are right for you or a loved one struggling with addiction, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our staff about our dual diagnosis treatment near Harrisburg, PA.
What is Dual Diagnosis Recovery?
Dual diagnosis inpatient treatment centers offer 24/7 care for patients with severe addiction and a co-occurring mental health disorder. A dual diagnosis treatment helps treat substance use disorders and other mental health issues such as:
- Eating disorders
Dual diagnosis recovery attacks the addiction and underlying mental health disorder simultaneously. Both issues need treatment at the same time to give patients a better chance at recovery. Patients receive a combination of behavioral and holistic therapy, along with medication-assisted treatment to help reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings. They work in individual and group therapy to learn and practice coping skills to help them maintain their sobriety.
At Arkview Recovery, our dual diagnosis treatment near Harrisburg, PA, can help get you back on your feet and in control. Therapists will work with you to create a custom treatment plan that best suits the severity of your addiction and any co-occurring mental health issues.
The Benefits of a Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center in Pennsylvania
Dual diagnosis inpatient treatment centers offer a safe and encouraging environment to help your dual diagnosis recovery. Just some of the benefits of a dual diagnosis treatment center in Pennsylvania include:
- More focused care–Dual diagnosis treatment offers a more focused treatment plan to help your recovery. Therapists work on your specific issues with you instead of offering generalized treatment.
- A better understanding of your disorder–Many patients don’t even realize they have a co-occurring disorder, let alone why. Therapists will help you uncover the reason behind your addiction so you can begin true healing.
- Accepting your mental health for what it is–There is no cure for addiction and other mental health disorders. Patients work on accepting who they are and learn that it’s OK. They learn that they can live with their disorder and still lead happy and productive lives.
- A wide support network–The people you meet at dual diagnosis inpatient treatment centers will become part of a wide network of support that you can rely on any time you need. Many times after a patient completes dual diagnosis recovery, they become mentors to new members so they can give back and feel a greater sense of purpose.
Arkview Recovery Center Dual Diagnosis Inpatient Treatment Centers
At Arkview Recovery Center, our dual diagnosis treatment center gives men and women a better chance at recovery and lifelong sobriety. We provide compassionate care through various therapy programs, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Family education program
- Individual and group therapy programs
We also include medication-assisted treatment to help reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings so you can focus more on your recovery. To see if a dual diagnosis inpatient treatment center is right for you or a loved one, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff about our dual diagnosis treatment near Harrisburg, PA.