While anxiety is common, experiencing anxiety can be incredibly challenging. Anxiety symptoms can vary from person to person, and the common causes of anxiety are often linked to various factors.
What Is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a feeling of fear, worry, or unease related to an uncertain event or situation. It is often considered the body’s natural response to stress and can range from mild nervousness to intense panic attacks. Many people live with anxiety regularly, which can interfere with daily life.
Anxiety can result from many underlying causes or be a condition on its own. Some common disorders associated with anxiety include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Social phobia
Anxiety can be scary, and seeking treatment is essential if it affects everyday life.
Symptoms of Anxiety
The symptoms of anxiety vary from person to person. Common signs of anxiety include:
- Restlessness or feeling keyed up or on edge
- Excessive worrying
- Trouble concentrating or mind going blank
- Feeling irritable
- Difficulty sleeping
- Muscle tension
Anxiety can arise from various sources, and its triggers differ for every individual.
6 Common Causes of Anxiety
To gain a better understanding of anxiety, it is essential to be aware of six common causes of anxiety:
- Stress—People experience stress in many forms, such as work pressure, family responsibilities, or financial struggles. An inability to cope with stress can lead to feelings of anxiety.
- Physical health conditions—Certain physical health conditions can lead to feelings of anxiety. These include thyroid disorders, heart disease, diabetes, and anemia.
- Mental health conditions—Depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or schizophrenia can all cause anxiety symptoms.
- Substance use—Both recreational drugs and prescription medications can lead to anxiety, as the brain is affected by their chemical components.
- Medications—Certain medications may cause side effects such as anxiety or panic.
- Traumatic events—Events such as accidents, natural disasters, or abuse can cause lasting anxiety. This could also be things such as living in poverty for an extended period of time or struggling with finances.
If you’re struggling with anxiety and would like to learn more about our treatment programs, contact Arkview Recovery today. Our team is here to provide the support and resources needed for a successful recovery journey.
Managing Stress and Anxiety
Managing stress and anxiety is crucial to feeling better. While there is no one-size-fits-all approach to anxiety, there are ways to help. It’s essential to keep an open mind and approach healing with curiosity.
There are many ways to cope with stress and anxiety, such as:
- Regular exercise
- Deep breathing exercises or meditation
- Talking to friends and family members
- Seeking professional help or attending therapy sessions
- Practicing mindfulness techniques
- Seeking support from a mental health organization
If you find yourself struggling with symptoms of anxiety or stress, contact the professionals at Arkview Recovery. We provide a range of treatment plans and therapies to help individuals feel better and reach their full potential. Contact us today to learn more.
Overcoming Stress and Anxiety at Arkview Recovery
We understand that it can be challenging to manage stress and anxiety, but with the right treatment program, you can take control of your mental health and find ways to cope. At Arkview Recovery, we provide a range of treatments for those struggling with anxiety, including:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Medication management
- Holistic care
Arkview Recovery provides a safe and supportive environment to help individuals find freedom from anxiety. We have helped countless clients regain control of their mental health over the years and can assist in their recovery.
Contact us today at 717.744.0756 to learn more about our treatment programs.