Men and women are equally affected by addiction and the changes that it causes to your brain and body. While treating the physical side of addiction is similar for men and women, treating the cause behind the addiction is unique to the individual. Therefore, gender-specific rehab can help when the reason behind the addiction is gender-specific or previous coed treatment has failed. A women’s rehab program can assist women struggling with addiction but who don’t want to join a coed therapy program.
Arkview Recovery Center offers gender-specific rehab for every step of your addiction recovery. Our women’s rehab program will help you open up about your addiction and the cause behind it in a beautiful and welcoming environment. Call 717.744.0756 today to learn more about our gender-specific rehab for women if you’re ready to make a fundamental change.
Why Is Gender-Specific Rehab Important?
Before the 1990s, addiction treatment didn’t consider gender. At that time, the focus was on the physical side of addiction rather than the mental health issues that are often the root cause of addiction. Women-specific issues that can lead to addiction include:
- Postpartum depression
- Sexual assault
- Social appearance
- Parent-child relationship
- Work-related gender issues
- Low self-esteem
It can be difficult for women to talk about these issues in a coed treatment program. Fortunately, a women’s rehab program removes any gender-related distractions. It also allows for open communication and discussion about gender-related matters and how it is fueling their addiction.
5 Benefits of a Women’s Rehab Program
When enrolling in a women-only program, there are many benefits of rehab. You will better understand how addiction can change your behavior. In addition, you’ll form lifelong habits to maintain your sobriety with healthy coping skills instead of turning to drugs or alcohol.
A gender-specific rehab program for women will provide the following:
- A safe environment – When a traumatic event like physical or mental abuse from a parent or spouse causes addiction, it can create problems getting help in a coed treatment program. A women’s-only rehab program creates a safe and nurturing space. In this environment, you will be encouraged to open up about the reasons behind your addiction.
- Focus on women’s issues – In a women’s only program, you focus on the issues women face with addiction and how to cope with those feelings in a healthy, productive way.
- A nurturing environment – In group therapy, your female peers will encourage and nurture your growth. It helps to see other women going through similar issues and see how they struggle and cope.
- A stronger support system – The friendships you create during your treatment program will help you maintain your sobriety long after your treatment program ends.
- Acceptance of sexual identity – Gender-specific rehab can help those who struggle with their sexuality in an accepting environment.
There is no one-size-fits-all treatment program for addiction. Your gender-specific rehab program will focus on your individual issues through private and group therapy. This enables you to connect with other women facing similar issues and form strong bonds that will help you in your sober journey.
Aspects of a Women’s Rehabilitation Program
Our women’s rehab program at Arkview Recovery Center is designed to provide women with the support and treatment needed to recover from addiction. Our gender-specific rehab offers a comprehensive approach that includes the following:
- A personalized plan – Every woman’s experience with addiction is different. Your treatment plan should consider your individual needs, goals, and experiences with addiction.
- Group therapy – Group therapy enables women to connect with other women who are facing similar issues. This provides a safe and supportive environment for women to share their stories, build relationships, and support each other through their recovery journey.
- Individual counseling – Our women’s rehab program includes individual counseling sessions where you can work with your therapist to identify the root cause of your addiction and develop coping skills to help you stay on track.
- Family therapy – Family therapy is an integral part of the recovery process. Our women’s rehab program includes family therapy sessions to help strengthen relationships and build a strong support system for when you return home.
- Holistic treatments – Holistic treatments such as yoga, mindfulness meditation, art therapy, and massage help women to relax and focus on the physical aspects of recovery.
If you’re ready to make a fundamental change in your life and take the first step towards a new future, call our women’s rehab program at Arkview Recovery Center today.
Arkview Recovery Center Gender-Specific Rehab
Arkview Recovery Center offers gender-specific rehab for women struggling with addiction and mental health issues. We understand women’s specific problems with addiction and want to give you the greatest chances at recovery and lifelong sobriety. We have a full range of treatment programs to help, including:
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Residential program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Family therapy
Our certified staff will evaluate your condition and create a custom treatment plan that will give you the tools of success in maintaining your sobriety through our women’s rehab program. To learn more about the benefits of a women’s rehab program, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our friendly staff about our gender-specific rehab.