Every year we continue to see an increase in drug and alcohol addiction rates. A Pennsylvania drug and alcohol rehab offers drug rehab near Harrisburg, PA, and surrounding cities for men and women ready to make a positive change in their lives. A drug addiction treatment center can help patients regain control of their lives through various treatment programs to help with all levels of addiction.
At Arkview Recovery Center, our drug rehab in Pennsylvania offers quality drug detox in PA for those struggling to get through their withdrawal symptoms and focus on recovery. We provide several treatment programs like residential and outpatient programs to improve your chances of recovery and offer continuing support for your sobriety for life. To learn more about our Pennsylvania drug and alcohol rehab, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our staff about our drug rehab near Lancaster, PA.
Why Do Drugs and Alcohol Cause Addiction in Some People and Not Others?
Drugs and alcohol produce an intoxicating effect that can allure people with a mental health disorder like depression. The chemicals in drugs and alcohol attach to receptors in the brain that signal a massive release of dopamine and give you that euphoric feeling. Your body will not begin normal dopamine production until your body is clear of the drug, which can take a few hours to several days, depending on the amount taken.
The more a person uses, the more the body will rely on the substance to release more dopamine. Your body will try to maintain that same level of sensation that drugs and alcohol create and cause significant withdrawal symptoms as the euphoria begins to wear off.
Drug and alcohol withdrawal symptoms can include:
- Severe agitation and irritability
- Nausea and vomiting
At Arkview Recovery, our drug rehab in PA offers help to men and women ready to make a positive change in their lives. We employ behavioral therapy along with medication management to help reduce withdrawal symptoms and allow you to focus on your recovery in our drug rehab near Lancaster, PA.
5 Best Qualities of Drug Rehab in Pennsylvania
Not all drug treatment centers offer the same quality of care. Some will only focus on a small area of mental health, while others provide a broad range of treatments to help as many people as possible. The best drug rehab in PA for you will depend on your unique symptoms and the severity of your addiction.
Here are five top qualities to look for in a drug detox in PA:
- Performs a thorough physical and mental evaluation–To determine the best recovery program for you, they will need to know your current physical health, state of mind, and the severity of your addiction.
- Provides individualized care–To effectively treat your addiction, your therapist and you need to understand the underlying cause of your addiction. Individual therapy allows a therapist to get to know a patient and help them discover what is behind their addiction.
- Offers multiple treatment programs–There is no cure for addiction, but you can successfully treat it and lead a productive and sober life. A quality treatment center will offer all levels of care, from residential, outpatient, and virtual or telehealth options.
- Offers holistic activities–Effective addiction recovery should include other programs and activities for overall wellness. Meditation, exercise, and a food and nutrition program are all beneficial programs to improve physical and mental health.
- Hires certified behavioral therapists and medical staff that are up to date with all education and certifications.
Choose Arkview Recovery Center for the Best Pennsylvania Drug and Alcohol Rehab
At Arkview Recovery Center, we provide quality drug rehab near Harrisburg, PA, and surrounding cities. We offer residential and outpatient treatment programs to help with your addiction and any co-occurring mental health disorders. Call 717.744.0756 today to speak with one of our compassionate staff members to learn more about our Pennsylvania drug and alcohol rehab center.