State College, PA, is a vibrant college town and home to Penn State University. You will find plenty of outdoor activities, exciting nightlife, great shopping, and diverse restaurants in this small, peaceful town home to over 39,000 Pennsylvanians. If you are searching for an intensive outpatient program or IOP treatment serving State College, PA, you will find quality care and service at Arkview Recovery Center in Mechanicsburg, PA. Enrolling in a treatment program is the smart choice to make when addictive symptoms begin causing problems at home, work, or school.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we welcome State College residents who need help breaking their addiction to alcohol, meth, heroin, or other dangerous substances. Our team will welcome you and run a complete health assessment to determine the best course of action to treat your unique symptoms and triggers. Therapists will work with you in group and private therapy sessions to address all aspects of the addiction and find healthy new coping methods. For more information about our intensive outpatient programs, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with one of our knowledgeable team members.
Why Do You Need an Intensive Outpatient Program?
An intensive outpatient program, or IOP, supports people who experience mild to moderate withdrawals that complicate recovery. It provides comprehensive care through various behavioral and holistic therapies and possibly medication to reduce withdrawals, cravings, and other disruptive symptoms.
IOP generally lasts for 8 to 16 weeks, with options to continue therapy for as long as necessary to feel confident in maintaining sobriety and healthy living. Patients will spend anywhere from 5 to 15 hours per week working with a therapist in group and private therapy sessions. During therapy, patients will:
- Uncover and discuss the reasons behind the addiction and develop new coping skills for managing symptoms and triggers.
- Participate in group discussions, role-playing games, and other activities with your peers in indoor and outdoor group sessions.
- Receive medication to ease withdrawal symptoms, cravings, and any depressive or anxiety symptoms.
- Learn holistic ways to stay healthy with programs such as nutrition education, meditation therapy, relapse prevention, and journaling.
- Learn how to develop healthy relationships with parents, siblings, spouses, and children.
Get intensive outpatient programs in State College, PA, from Arkview Recovery’s accredited addiction treatment center. Our facility is designed to provide a comfortable and private setting with indoor and outdoor areas perfect for self-reflection and group and private therapy sessions.
Finding IOP Treatment Serving State College, PA
Addiction is a treatable mental health disorder that requires a mix of therapies and medical support to treat all aspects of the illness. Men and women with mild to moderate symptoms can begin their recovery through an outpatient program that allows them to work on their recovery and continue working.
When searching for IOP treatment close to State College, PA, be sure they offer the following types of programs:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – CBT is one of the top forms of therapy for treating addiction and the underlying reasons behind it. Therapists work closely with each patient to understand what led to the abuse and develop new coping methods using CBT and other behavioral therapies.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) – One of the significant benefits of treatment programs is they provide safe medications that have a proven track record for reducing addiction withdrawals. Patients will receive medication throughout the program from trained professionals. As their symptoms diminish, so will the need for the medication, and they will begin tapering off over several days.
- Family therapy and counseling – To maintain lifelong sobriety, you need strong relationships supporting your healthy lifestyle. During IOP, therapists will work with patients and their families to improve the family bond and repair fractured relationships and trust.
Getting intensive outpatient programs in State College, PA, may be the right choice when you are ready to stop using drugs or alcohol. Treatment programs make recovery much safer and significantly reduce the risk of relapse and worsening symptoms.
Arkview Recovery Center: Find IOP Treatment Close to State College, PA
If you are searching for IOP Treatment serving State College, PA, choose Arkview Recovery to begin your recovery journey. Our facility is two hours southeast of State College and in a beautiful, peaceful area that promotes healing and recovery. Our treatment programs are based on each person’s unique symptoms and severity and use a mix of behavioral and holistic therapies and medical support for a whole-person recovery experience.
If you are ready to stop letting addiction control your life, call 717.744.0756 today or fill out our online form to speak with our team about enrolling in our intensive outpatient program close to State College, PA.