Pottsville, PA, is the county seat for Schuylkill County and home to just over 13,000 residents. There are many historical sites to visit, including the D.G. Yuengling & Sons Brewery, the John O’Hara House, a WWI war monument, and many other interesting places. Residents who need an intensive outpatient program around Pottsville, PA, will find compassionate care at Arkview Recovery Center in Mechanicsburg, PA. Outpatient programs are ideal for those who need to continue working or caring for families while on their recovery journey.
Arkview Recovery Center is a fully accredited addiction treatment facility that fully complements inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. Our therapists have years of experience treating all types of addiction and the underlying reasons behind it. They take the time to build trust and open communication with each patient so they feel comfortable talking about complex subjects or past traumas. To see if our intensive outpatient program is right for you or a loved one, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our friendly team.
When to Enroll in IOP Treatment Near Pottsville, PA
An intensive outpatient program (IOP) is a treatment program that consists of private and group therapy sessions that aid people in stopping substance abuse and leading healthy lives. Therapy sessions typically last 5-15 hours per week for up to 16 weeks or longer for more severe cases. Each person’s recovery experience is different, and there is no set time limit for completing recovery. Addiction is a lifelong illness, and the best way to treat the disorder is through behavioral and holistic therapy sessions and medical support.
Enrolling in IOP treatment near Pottsville, PA, is for residents who meet the following qualifications:
- Have completed a residential treatment program and partial hospitalization program and are ready for the next stage of recovery.
- Are experiencing mild to moderate withdrawals and cravings that make quitting alone impossible.
- Are ready to commit to regularly scheduled day or evening therapy sessions each week for the duration of the program.
- Can abstain from drug or alcohol use with minimal supervision.
- Have a stable and supportive home environment.
Arkview Recovery’s intensive outpatient program near Pottsville, PA, is the best option for treating addiction to any type of illegal, prescription, or recreational substance. Our team has years of experience working with people from all backgrounds and works hard to uncover the root cause of the abuse so true healing can begin.
What to Expect From an Intensive Outpatient Program Around Pottsville, PA
An intensive outpatient program is a safer alternative than trying to quit alone without professional support. Those who try to detox alone are more likely to relapse and risk a potential overdose if they don’t consider their lowered tolerance levels.
Here is some of what you can expect after enrolling in an intensive outpatient program around Pottsville, PA:
- The first step is to run a full physical and psychological health assessment to determine the best course of action in treating all aspects of the addiction, including any co-occurring conditions of depression or other mental health disorders.
- Medical staff will administer medications and monitor patients for any adverse reactions. These medications are meant as temporary support, and once symptoms are more manageable, they will begin tapering off until no longer necessary.
- You will participate in private therapy sessions to discuss the reasons behind the abuse and learn new ways of coping with those feelings or past experiences. Therapists will use various behavioral therapeutic techniques to address the complexities of the disorder.
- During group therapy, you will practice coping and communication skills through role-playing games, group discussions, and other holistic activities. Group therapy allows patients to see that they are not alone in their struggles and gain advice from different perspectives.
- You will also have a chance to repair broken trust and relationships with parents, siblings, and spouses through group and individual family therapy sessions.
After enrolling in an outpatient treatment program, patients will develop new life skills that support a sober lifestyle and improve other aspects of their lives. A successful treatment program provides patients with a number of life skills that will help them maintain long-lasting sobriety.
Arkview Recovery Center Has the Best Intensive Outpatient Program for Pennsylvanian Residents
At Arkview Recovery Center, our intensive outpatient program near Pottsville, PA, can help residents beat their addictions to alcohol, heroin, cocaine, or other dangerous substances. We are an hour’s drive southwest of Pottsville, just past the Susquehanna River off the 76 freeway and Rossmoyne Road exit. Our facility provides residents with a comfortable and discreet location where they can focus on their recovery and learn new coping skills for managing their symptoms and triggers.
If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, call 717.744.0756 today or message us online to begin your recovery journey at our spacious and private addiction treatment center.