Paying for an addiction treatment program can cost as much as $25,000 for residential or inpatient treatment programs, with outpatient programs costing around $10,000. While partial hospitalization program costs can be high, many insurance companies now cover mental health treatment programs as part of their normal health coverage. Plus, there are several state programs available to reduce any out-of-pocket costs of a partial hospitalization program.
At Arkview Recovery, we provide our patients with various options to help cover the average cost of a partial hospitalization program. During admissions, we discuss the estimated cost of treatment and go over insurance coverage and other options for paying for any amount you are responsible for. If you do not have insurance, there are programs available to help with additional expenses. Call 717.744.0756 today or fill out our online form for more information about covering the cost of a partial hospitalization program.
Average Cost of a Partial Hospitalization Program
Many people wrongly assume that addiction treatment costs are too expensive and not covered by most insurance companies. Fortunately, many insurance companies today now cover all or part of most addiction treatment programs, including detox, residential, and outpatient programs. Because mental health treatment is so individualized, each patient’s cost will vary depending on their specific symptoms and causes.
Here is a breakdown of the average cost of a partial hospitalization program (PHP):
- Daily costs of PHP can average between $350 – $450 per day
- A 2-3 week program will range between $7,350 on the low end and $9,450 on the high end
- If medical detox is necessary, costs can run between $500 to $650 per day
At Arkview Recovery Center, we want you to focus on your recovery. Our staff will handle all financial paperwork, go over the cost with you, and help you find other payment options to reduce your out-of-pocket costs as much as possible.
Different Ways to Cover Partial Hospitalization Program Costs
Pennsylvania is dedicated to helping residents who struggle with mental health and cannot cover the costs of addiction treatment. Their goal is to improve the mental health of as many residents as possible to improve the overall mental health of the community and reduce the number of treatment cases each year.
Here are some ways to cover partial hospitalization program costs:
- Insurance health plans – Most major insurance companies now cover the cost of mental health treatment. Each program will have different coverage levels based on the options you select. Check your individual plan to make sure the treatment center you choose is in-network.
- Medicaid programs – For low-income residents, Medicaid programs offer mental health treatment coverage for most inpatient and outpatient treatment programs.
Pennsylvania state programs – State-run financial programs such as the Pennsylvania PATH program and Reach Out PA are available for patients to help them find valuable resources.
- Pennsylvania mental health parity law requires insurance providers to provide full coverage for mental health and substance abuse treatment, similar to normal healthcare coverage. The Pennsylvania Insurance Department is available to help patients with any questions they have about their current plan.
Arkview Recovery Will Help You Find Ways to Cover the Cost of Your Addiction Treatment Program
At Arkview Recovery, we work with several of the top insurance providers to help reduce your partial hospitalization program costs. Our insurance experts will verify your insurance coverage, go over any balance you are responsible for, and discuss the options available to cover the cost of treatment.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction or other mental health disorders and ready to make a positive change, call 717.744.0756 to speak with one of our caring staff about enrolling in our addiction treatment facility.