There are many different types of individual therapy to help with several mental health issues. How do you know which program is right for you with so many choices? Not all therapy options can help with every problem, and it will take understanding the symptoms and cause to form an effective treatment plan. Your individual therapy program will focus on the unique issues affecting you to develop the proper treatment for your specific condition.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we help men and women struggling with addiction, depression, or any number of mental health disorders. We combine different types of individual therapy along with group therapy and other forms of treatment for a more effective recovery plan. Our patients form healthy coping skills to help with their recovery and maintain a healthy and productive life. To learn more about our individual therapy program, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our staff about the right types of individual therapy best for you.
What is Individual Therapy?
What is individual therapy? It is a form of psychotherapy, or talk therapy, where therapists work one-on-one with you to help with any number of mental health issues. It can be a more effective treatment for those who do not feel comfortable discussing personal issues in a group setting. Individual therapy is not a cure. It gives you healthy coping skills that you will use to maintain your happiness and gain complete control of your emotions and actions.
Your individual therapy can be beneficial in several ways, such as:
- Gain a better understanding of yourself
- Learn how to handle your emotions more effectively
- Identifying the cause because your symptoms
- Form new coping strategies
- Learn to handle significant life changes
At Arkview Recovery, our caring staff will work with you to determine the best individual therapy types that will suit your mental health needs.
Different Types of Individual Therapy to Help You
Many different types of individual therapy can help with a number of mental health issues. Your particular symptoms and level of severity are what will determine the best kind of therapy for you:
- Psychoanalysis/Psychodynamic therapies–A form of therapy that helps you understand the subconscious meaning behind problematic behaviors and emotions. By learning how these feelings motivate you, you can learn how to stop them.
- Behavior therapy–This therapy focuses on learned behaviors, such as reaching for a drink or drugs to help with depression or anxiety. Therapists will work with you to help you recognize these behaviors and form healthy new coping skills.
- Cognitive therapy–Cognitive therapy focuses on how you think and what triggers these thoughts. You will work on changing your thoughts to improve your mood and reduce many common mental health symptoms.
- Humanistic therapy–Therapists will focus on your ability to make rational choices with more focus on free will, self-expression, and searching for meaning. It can give you a healthy sense of self and help you explore your feelings and thoughts.
- Holistic therapy–Holistic therapy can include activities such as meditation, mindfulness, and exercise. It is an overall approach to helping improve many aspects of your life, including a better sense of who you are.
To Find the Best Types of Individual Therapy for You, Choose Arkview Recovery Center
At Arkview Recovery Center, we offer residential and outpatient treatment programs to help with your mental health disorders. Therapists and medical staff will perform a complete evaluation to determine which types of individual therapy is right for you, along with other forms of treatment programs such as:
- Family education program
- Group therapy program
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Co-occurring disorder treatment
To discuss the individual therapy types that are best for you, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our friendly staff about the different types of individual therapy that will benefit your mental and physical health.