Anxiety affects millions of adults each year with mild to severe symptoms triggered by any number of sights, sounds, or smells. Each person will experience unique symptoms and levels of severity. As a result, they will need personalized treatment at an anxiety treatment center. Effective anxiety treatment in PA will provide both mental and medication-assisted treatment. As a result, you can reduce your anxiety and any associated addiction.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we believe in treating the whole person and will form an effective treatment plan to help you discover what triggers your anxiety. You will form healthy coping skills that you can use whenever you feel your anxiety returning. If you or a loved one suffers from anxiety and wants help, call 717.744.0756 today to learn more about anxiety and our anxiety treatment in PA. We can help you attain the life you deserve.
Knowing the Symptoms of Anxiety
Many high functioning people don’t even realize they suffer from anxiety. They are able to complete their daily schedule or complicated tasks despite feeling any symptoms of anxiety, like getting sweaty palms before an important meeting or increased heart rate. They think this is normal and just push on. Even if anxiety is not affecting your work life, it can be hurting you in other areas of your life without you even realizing it.
Some of the common signs of anxiety may include:
- Feeling nervous or restless
- A growing sense of panic
- Rapid heart rate
- Nausea and vomiting
If you feel any of these symptoms before an important meeting or a big test, step away from the situation and practice deep breathing to help calm you down and get through your task. If you don’t find an anxiety treatment center to help, it can be very unhealthy. Even worse, it can lead to addiction and mental health issues like depression.
High Functioning Anxiety Treatment
Typically, anxiety is not life-threatening. However, it can lead to life-threatening conditions if you don’t find a high-functioning anxiety treatment program. This isn’t something that will go away on its own or get better with time. Instead, you need to find an anxiety treatment center in PA where you will get the help you need to reduce your anxiety symptoms and improve your mental health.
A high-functioning anxiety treatment program will provide:
- Behavioral therapy – Understanding where your anxiety is coming from and what triggers it is the first step in getting your anxiety under control. You will learn how to recognize triggers and form healthy coping skills to stop your symptoms from worsening.
- Pharmacotherapy – While there is no cure-all for anxiety, medication can help reduce your symptoms and help you get through your day while working with a high-functioning anxiety treatment program.
- Family Therapy – Your family is one of your strongest support systems available. They can help you with your anxiety, especially when the root cause of the anxiety is somehow family-related.
If left untreated, anxiety can make many people turn to drugs and alcohol to reduce symptoms. However, doing so only worsens the condition by creating another problem that needs fixing.
Benefits of Therapy for Anxiety
Anxiety treatment can provide an individual with numerous benefits, both in the short-term and long-term. Some anxiety treatment benefits include:
- Helping a person learn to manage their feelings of anxiety more effectively
- Reducing the intensity or frequency of symptoms
- Helping someone recognize triggers that lead to anxious thoughts and behaviors
- Developing healthier coping strategies for managing stress
- Improving self-esteem and overall mental wellbeing
- Reducing feelings of isolation and loneliness
- Increasing productivity at work or in school
- Preventing the development of more serious forms of anxiety or depression
Finding healthy ways to manage anxiety can be beneficial not only to one’s mental health, but also to their physical health. Research has shown that those with anxiety are at a higher risk for developing other medical conditions, such as high blood pressure and heart disease. Anxiety treatment can help reduce the physical effects of anxiety and improve overall health in the long run.
Arkview Recovery Center Offers Anxiety Treatment in PA
Anxiety is a treatable mental health condition that is easily managed with individual and group therapy at an anxiety treatment center. If your anxiety has led to addiction and worsening mental health, we have treatment programs available, including:
- Medication-assisted treatment (as needed)
- Residential program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Family therapy