Heroin addiction treatment near Perry, PA, is available for men and women struggling with heroin addiction and ready to make a lifetime commitment to a healthy and sober life. Pennsylvania continues to be above the national average in opioid death rates. In the first six months of 2021, 639 people died of a drug overdose1. A significant increase over 2020, and these numbers will continue to increase. A heroin addiction treatment center provides safe and effective recovery through medication-assisted treatment and behavioral therapy.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we help men and women struggling with addiction to heroin through our heroin addiction treatment center. After arriving at our private facility, therapists and medical staff will perform a complete evaluation of your physical and mental health and the severity of your addiction. We use this information to determine the best course of action to help you reach your recovery goals. Call 717.744.0756 today or fill out our online form to begin your heroin addiction treatment near Perry, PA.
When to Know You Need Heroin Addiction Treatment near Perry, PA
Heroin is a fast-acting opioid that reduces pain and creates a euphoric state. It binds with the opioid receptors in your body and releases a massive amount of dopamine that your system can never replicate on its own. With repeated use over a short period of time, your body begins relying more and more on heroin to release dopamine until natural production shuts down completely. When this happens, withdrawal symptoms and cravings can begin within a few hours after your last dose.
Symptoms of heroin withdrawals include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle and bone pain
- Cold flashes
With repeated use, patients can develop a heroin use disorder. This can lead to chronic relapse and even criminal behavior as people go to extreme lengths to satisfy the powerful drug cravings. Arkview Recovery is the best choice for heroin addiction treatment near Perry, PA, for men and women who need help with their heroin addiction recovery.
The Benefits of Enrolling in a Heroin Addiction Treatment Program
There are many benefits to beginning heroin addiction treatment. Patients will participate in several therapies and treatments through residential or outpatient treatment programs. In cases of severe addiction, patients will start with a residential program and graduate to different levels of outpatient programs.
Here are just some of the benefits of a heroin addiction treatment program that you can experience:
- Relief from withdrawal symptoms and cravings through medication-assisted treatment. Medical staff will administer medications and monitor your progress to give you the maximum benefits with minimal side effects.
- Therapists help patients understand how addiction creates a physical dependence on heroin and how it causes unhealthy habits and thoughts that will keep you abusing, even if you want to stop.
- Patients work one-on-one with therapists to develop healthy coping skills based on their unique needs. They also discover what led to their addiction and how to recognize triggering situations so they can either leave or use coping skills to maintain their sobriety.
- During group therapy, patients will practice their coping and communication skills with their peers. Therapists will monitor their interactions and note any troubling behaviors or attitudes.
Arkview Recovery Center Offers Effective Heroin Addiction Treatment near Perry, PA
Arkview Recovery Center is located on Wilson Lane in Mechanicsburg, PA, across from Bethany Village West retirement community. Our heroin addiction treatment program is very beneficial in helping men and women reach their goals of long-lasting, sustainable recovery. We offer several types of addiction treatment programs that include:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Separate men’s and women’s rehab
Perry residents can find compassionate and effective heroin addiction treatment at Arkview Recovery. Call 717.744.0756 today if you or a loved one is struggling with heroin addiction and is ready to lead a healthy and sober life.
1. phila.gov – “Health Department Releases Update on 2021 Overdose Death Counts”