Elmira, NY, in Chemung County, is a great place to live and home to Elmira College, which is the nation’s first college for women, founded in 1855.¹ To combat the continual drug epidemic that affects millions of New Yorkers each year, they can enroll in residential treatment near Elmira to stop the abuse before causing irreparable physical and mental harm. Addiction is a lifelong illness that is treatable through a combination of behavioral therapy and medical support. Enrolling in residential treatment near Elmira, NY, gives people a safe recovery experience that promotes lifelong sobriety.
At Arkview Recovery Center, we work with Elmira residents who are struggling with an addiction to cocaine, alcohol, heroin, or other dangerous substances. Our spacious facility includes residential and outpatient treatment programs to support your recovery journey from start to finish. You will work closely with a behavioral therapist in group and private sessions while receiving medication to minimize withdrawals and cravings. Call 717.744.0756 today for more information about our residential treatment near Elmira, NY, and discover the benefits of enrolling in addiction recovery.
Finding Residential Treatment Near Elmira
A residential treatment program gives individuals struggling with addiction a safe space to recover far away from any triggering situations or people. For some, everyday stress can build up and cause them to turn to drugs and alcohol for relief. If the abuse continues over time, it can lead to dependence and addiction. Dependence is the physical side of addiction and causes painful withdrawals, whereas addiction describes the mental aspects, such as cravings and behavioral changes. While there is no cure for addiction, several therapeutic techniques can treat it and its underlying causes.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, here are some of the signs that you need a residential treatment program:
- An inability to stop using drugs or alcohol despite any desire to quit
- The abuse begins affecting their work or school performance
- They double up on prescription pain medication or take them with other drugs or alcohol to heighten the experience
- Withdrawing from friends and family
- Developing depression, anxiety, or other disorders caused by the abuse
- Has tried quitting before without support, but withdrawals and cravings were too strong
At Arkview Recovery, we are a full-service addiction treatment facility that offers residential treatment near Elmira with comfortable rooms where you can concentrate on your recovery in complete privacy. Our team takes the time to get to know you and your unique history, so they can effectively treat the illness and develop healthy new coping skills.
The Benefits of Enrolling in a Residential Treatment Program Close to Elmira
Enrolling in a residential treatment program is essential for safe recovery with fewer risks of relapse during withdrawals. Programs typically last 30 to 90 days and are followed up with outpatient treatment programs. Those participating in residential and outpatient treatment have a better chance of maintaining lifelong sobriety.
Here are just some of the benefits of enrolling in a residential treatment program close to Elmira:
- Behavioral therapy — Learn about the dangers of addiction and how it can cause changes to your personality, behaviors, and ability to function normally. Therapists will work privately with you to uncover the root cause of the addiction and teach you new ways to cope with the feelings or situations that trigger your cravings.
- Medical support — Withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable and deadly if not properly treated. Medical staff will administer medications to ease withdrawals, cravings, and other symptoms that disrupt recovery. As symptoms begin to fade over several weeks, the amount of medication will decrease until no longer necessary. Most people will be completely drug-free by the end of the program.
- Learn new coping skills — During group and private therapy, therapists will work with you to build new coping and communication skills that support a healthy lifestyle. Through various activities and group discussions, you will develop confidence in staying sober, learn how to communicate effectively with your peers, and develop healthy friendships.
- Build a new healthy lifestyle — Addiction recovery leads to several life changes that can significantly improve your physical and mental health. Along with talk therapy, you will learn new holistic ways to ease stress and tension, such as meditation, exercise, creative writing/self-expression, and nutrition education.
Finding residential treatment near Elmira is the best way to break drug or alcohol addiction safely and with fewer risks of relapse. Those who complete residential treatment and continue with therapy as necessary will have an easier time staying sober no matter what the future holds.
Arkview Recovery Center Offers Comprehensive Residential Treatment Near Elmira, NY
Arkview Recovery is an easy drive south along the 15 freeway and is located just outside of Harrisburg. We welcome anyone struggling with addiction in New York and surrounding areas ready to commit to a healthy lifestyle free from drugs or alcohol. Our team has experience treating all types of addiction and the various causes behind it using the top therapeutic techniques such as behavioral therapy and medical support.
To learn more about our residential treatment programs, call 717.744.0756 today to speak to one of our caring team members.