Men have a higher rate of addiction than women and are more likely to abuse illicit drugs at some point in their life. Most men won’t seek help from a treatment center because they don’t want to appear weak in front of women. A gender-specific rehab for men can help when the struggle to keep up with work and family life is too much. When addiction takes over, and you need help. A men’s rehab program can give you the help you need when other coed treatment programs have failed.
At Arkview Recovery Center, our men’s rehab program focuses on the common issues with men and addiction, like childhood trauma and expectations of male masculinity. If you need help with addiction and want to find a men’s only rehab program, call 717.744.0756 today to speak with our staff about our gender-specific rehab program for men.
The Importance of Gender-Specific Rehab for Men
In today’s society, many men feel a need to maintain an appearance of strength and fortitude. This can lead to a build-up of stress and an unwillingness to open up about their problems. Instead of seeking help, they turn to drugs and alcohol to cope with their feelings. Some of the issues men face that may lead to addiction include:
- Gender identity
- Childhood trauma
- Peer pressure
- Relationship pressure
The need to maintain a strong appearance can hinder recovery efforts in a coed treatment environment. Men and women cannot truly be themselves in a mixed-gender rehab program. At Arkview Recovery, our men’s rehab program focuses on the issues that worry men the most. We give men a better chance to reach and maintain their sobriety.
5 Benefits of Men’s Rehab Program
When you’ve attempted to break your addiction in a coed treatment center, why did you relapse? It may be because you were too distracted to focus on the underlying issue of your addiction. The benefits of rehab for men include:
- Improved Communication – Most men don’t have the communication skills to fully open up about their feelings. You will learn how to openly communicate with other men and begin discovering the root cause of your addiction.
- No female distractions – Women can be a distraction for men in any situation. Especially when it comes to being honest about their struggles, the best form of therapy happens when there are no external distractions to take your focus away.
- Build stronger male relationships – Sharing your feelings or trauma with others is extremely therapeutic and beneficial in breaking your addiction. The men in your group therapy sessions will help you overcome your fears and help you reach your goals. During therapy, the relationships you build will stay with you for life and will be a robust support system for maintaining your sobriety.
- Focus on male-related issues – Through one-on-one and group therapy, a men’s rehab program will focus solely on men’s issues and how they relate to addiction. Listening to other men talk about their struggles will help you feel more comfortable opening up about your problems.
- A safe environment – A men’s-only rehab program creates a safe and nurturing environment. Here you can open up and talk about your issues without fear of ridicule or mocking. Everyone around you will help you successfully complete the program and maintain your sobriety.
Arkview Recovery Center Gender-Specific Rehab for Men
At Arkview Recovery Center, our gender-specific rehab program can help men get over their addiction through individual and group behavioral therapy. In a men’s-only program, you will be free to discuss your addiction and the issues behind it with other men in a warm and comforting environment. If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction and want a men’s-only rehab program, call 717.744.0756 today to learn more about our gender-specific rehab for men.