Your mental health takes a beating during addiction. Your brain chemistry and your thought processes are changed. Addiction destroys who you are inside and prevents you from living the life you deserve. Life after rehab can be difficult without the help of continuing support through individual therapy.
At Arkview Recovery, we will be with you every step of the way on your sober journey. Our substance abuse treatment programs can help: from detox right through to outpatient programs. And we’ll help you rebuild your life after rehab as well. To begin your sober journey, call 717.744.0756 today to tour our facility and begin your individual therapy.
Adjusting to Life After Rehab
During your addiction, you may have broken relationships and hurt your friends and family. There can be some bitter feelings leftover that will cause issues. If they aren’t dealt with in the right environment, it can hinder your progress and put you at risk of relapsing. You will need to make many changes to give yourself the best chances of maintaining your sobriety.
- Rebuilding your social circle – If you go through rehab and then continue to hang out with the same people doing the same things, you are risking relapse. Surrounding yourself with sober friends who will encourage your sober journey is vital for maintaining your sober life after rehab.
- A sober home environment – Addiction often stems from a broken home. Your home environment may not be a sober home. If so, there are sober living homes where you can stay until you’re ready.
- Open communication – Your family and friends can be a part of your sober support system. You just need to be honest with them about your addiction and request their help to maintain your sobriety. Good friends will stay by you and assist you with your journey.
At Arkview Recovery, our outpatient treatment program can help you adjust to life after rehab with continuing individual therapy, family counseling, and mental health skill-building techniques.
3 Mental Health Techniques
During rehab, the physical symptoms of addiction are in the past. Now, you can begin working on yourself and your mental health. One effective mental health therapy technique is learning to change your negative and destructive thinking patterns and create healthy habits to control your addiction.
You can continue your mental health healing with these three mental health techniques:
- Meditation – Meditation is an excellent form of mental health healing that can help you center yourself and focus on the important things in your life, like maintaining your sobriety. A simple 5-minute break with deep breathing can ease stress and anxiety and help keep you focused during the day.
- Healthy living – Part of maintaining your mental health is living a healthy lifestyle. Nutritious meals, daily yoga, and meditation all help you maintain your sobriety long after rehab.
- Helping others – Many of those who complete a residency and outpatient program will become mentors or sponsors for those still going through the program. You can volunteer your time to help others with addiction at a homeless shelter or church. The feelings you get from helping others will be a big boost to your mental health.
Let Arkview Recovery Center Help You With Life After Rehab
At Arkview Recovery, we understand that addiction is a lifelong struggle. Therefore, we will be there for you every step of the way. After completing a residential program, you will continue to receive treatment through outpatient programs to help you ease back into your normal life. Mental health skill-building techniques help you to better yourself and help those around you with their sober journey.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health due to addiction, call 717.744.0756 today to learn more about our individual therapy programs and how they can help with life after rehab.